hm where is the picture?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

volvo v70 na 1998 30 Apr 2013 18:07 #2

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
aha there it is. ok had to turn the plate around as it has that big lump on it.

goove done with medium bit first then used big bit, i think it makes it easyer to have a beautiful groove,

volvo v70 na 1998 30 Apr 2013 18:11 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Hey Markus sweet lookin' Groove there, how's she run?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: mob

volvo v70 na 1998 30 Apr 2013 18:18 #4

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
pcv can se the srew and gasget silicone blocking the line going to the far end of intakemanifold, also blocked where it is joint to the other bigger pcv tubing before tb, no reruting nessesary as it connected to the same hosing, pritty straight forwards exept for having to grind a slot for the screwdriver to turn the tb plate around, as the lump was in the way and also now the lump increases the flow to the groove. so far i realised better respone with minimum pressing on gas pedal, gas milage will be updated when i have it. cheers and happy 1may.

volvo v70 na 1998 30 Apr 2013 18:23 #5

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
little hose is caped with screw and gasget silicone it goes to the other side of manifold and is the pcv,

Last edit: by mob. Reason: include info

volvo v70 na 1998 30 Apr 2013 18:30 #6

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It responds great at just tuching the pedal, then when pressing it a little more not mutch happens until pressing a little more again, then she takes off pritty mutch like before, still havent finished the programing but, defenetly better response at little throttle. will update when i have something interesting to share. so far good, im supreised that on the picture off the groove it looks like i didnt get the depth right, i might have to 3ple check that, okidori , laters amigos

volvo v70 na 1998 30 Apr 2013 18:37 #7

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

looks like i missed the depth a little on one end, ah o well shuldn matter to mutch i sopose.

volvo v70 na 1998 30 Apr 2013 18:38 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Cool beans, Markus, you are Da Man in Sweden! :woohoo:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

volvo v70 na 1998 30 Apr 2013 18:49 #9

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looks like mpg has improved à Little har To tell using the gade and odometer. Amy way found out that the iac never shuts ! And thats how its designed. So i had crimped the iac hose that joins just after the tb. Am now thinking of à way To rerute it To before the tb With à electric valve and t connection and My airmassmeter turn it sol less air hits it any way iac döds more then control the idle on many cars à little strange as in most cases it would foll the airmassmeter . Maybe My car has no massmeter might have à pressure meter ill investigate. Okidoi ps lers start using à mask when grooving as aluminium is t healthy. Hope you broke à leg and nothing serius get well soon amigo

Last edit: by mob. Reason: Abajaba more relevant

volvo v70 na 1998 15 May 2013 08:18 #10

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My car has air mass flow meter, and an iac that never shuts So there is always a lot off air flowing in to the engine that the mass meter doesnt regrister, As i crimped the iac hose i imagine that it makes a faster flowing stream off air shooting in on the groove winds, noe this is got to be bad. any tips any one. how to get the air to flow past the air flow meter and the groove , IAC that never shuts, how does the computer know the amount of air that goes in to the cumbustion chamber,? Ive now turned the afm sideways so it does not get the same flow on it, my main concern is to block the aic flow that hits the groove winds,

red circle is the mass meter and the hose from air box goes to iac that connects to hose between tb and motor.

Last edit: by mob. Reason: picture didnt join

volvo v70 na 1998 15 May 2013 17:09 #11

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi Markus. Kinda hard for me to understand how this engine is set up re: MAF, IAC PCV and everything. Your Groove job/reversing the throttle plate is superb!

Maybe, if ya took a bunch of pic's of the whole setup showing it all I could say more. sounds like ya have concerns about how IAC puts air into intake airstream. Just where does IAC dump incoming air, further downstream into intake manifold? I dont see anything that looks like an IAC on the TB. so IAC is a separate piece mounted inline between airbox and intake manifold?

LOTS of pics might help poor fuzzy me! :huh:

You are still the Man in Sweden!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

volvo v70 na 1998 17 May 2013 05:54 #12

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
[attachment:1]