Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ystervark's 2006 Mitsubishi colt pickup 2000i 4G63NB engine

Ystervark's 2006 Mitsubishi colt pickup 2000i 4G63NB engine 11 Nov 2015 10:31 #13

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Nothing comes with the dongle, Martin, other than a disc with drivers and possibly a set-up video on it. You'll need to do some exploring online/at the app store for your tablet (google play?)
In my case with EngineLink, I tried the free version for a while to verify that it worked and get it set up properly, and then I paid for the full app.

Try this: iOS/Android Compatible OBD Apps with ELM327 WIFI Scanner | Car OBD Diagnostics, ECU Chip Tuning & Auto Repair Support
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ystervark's 2006 Mitsubishi colt pickup 2000i 4G63NB engine 11 Nov 2015 13:19 #14

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Martin, so did you ever get any order and shipping confirmation from Collette?

The Ebay auctions for TB's for the 4G63NB engine were interesting, in that there were aftermarket/larger diameter ones avail. for less than the stock used ones. The aftermarket copies you would add the stock missing pieces to, like TPS and IAC. Being as these were popular performance engines, many add-ons and hop-up parts exist. I'm used to modding engines lacking aftermarket support, or having to comply with smog laws restricting what can be done legally, that's how I got so creative to begin with.

And yes it's good to look locally, to get used to seeing what is available, I bet shipping to SA isn't cheap. I've been trying to find more info re: this engine and TB. IT's confusing, this engine family has different versions, esp. with the differences in performance and emissions systems. IT might help, to research how Mitsubishi's engine code numbering system works, each letter/number has a meaning. I still don't know what the NB at the end stands for, the 4G63 seems to be fairly broad application.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Ystervark's 2006 Mitsubishi colt pickup 2000i 4G63NB engine 11 Nov 2015 15:36 #15

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Thank You Greg.

Will look at it tomorrow....

• Page: