2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 11 Dec 2018 21:35 #1

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Tracy Gallaway, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Preston, David Seaich, Luke Triviz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 11 Dec 2018 21:43 #2

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Another happy customer!
David from Chanhassen, MN was sent to me via the GREAT Gadgetman Ron Hatton!
Thanks so much for making this possible!
Michael Lee

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 11 Dec 2018 21:49 #3

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
David stopped by to get a groovy throttle body swap, and by sharing the knowledge i have learned throughout this journey during our appointment, he decided that he wants the Personal License Program in the spring of 2019! As he is approaching retirement. He will also be back soon for mileage updates, spark plug change, and exhaust wrap. Also will be getting his motorcycle grooved! We will go through the manual 100x together, and will groove some throttle bodies aswell. Great things are happening!
?
Facebook: Gadgetman Michael
Youtube: Gadgetman Michael
Michael Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Luke Triviz

Last edit: by Michael Lee.

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 13 Dec 2018 00:41 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Michael, my hearty congratulations! You are definitely running hard on all cylinders, my fellow G-Man!:woohoo:

I think you are doing everything right.

Keep at it! We LOVE it!

Tracy G
Gadgetman Reno NV
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 13 Dec 2018 12:57 #5

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Michael you have my vote for the "MVG" FOR 2018. I just made that up but it means most valuable gadgetman. Your great spirit is contagious and your work is inspiring. It's awesome that collectively there"s a group here that will support each other and strive to grow the groove that Ron invented. Keep on bro! Your doing awesome.

Claudio
Stockton,CA.

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 14 Dec 2018 20:57 #6

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Thanks so much guys! I'm encouraged. You 2 are doing Great aswell. I love the forum here! Tracy keep up the good work, i always enjoy reading your posts. Your experience, and skill level shine bright! What a guy! Claudio it's so impressive to see you ready to jump into new things. And to see such amazing results from the work of your hands thats awesome! Lets remember to keep making those videos no matter how long they are, they will greatly help get this Technology out there. After all, thats how i discovered it. I see great work being posted from ALL Personal License holders. Keep it up guys!
Michael Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 14 Dec 2018 21:14 #7

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
And to all you other Gadgetmen out there also doing The Groove, remember that if you REALLY want to make some good money doing this, learn to use your video camera and to upload them to YouTube! Then, share the link with me so I can get it posted to OUR channel with who you are and WHERE you are!

Michael is the ONLY Trainee that has recorded videos in the last five years! He is ALSO the only one that has paid his royalties.

In other words, he's doing EXACTLY what he is SUPPOSED to do to be successful. That's why I work so closely with him, and why I throw him some bones whenever I can.

Tracy will tell you. Do right, and I take better care of you.

Ain't that right, Tracy?

Merry Christmas all, and KEEP GROOVIN'!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 08 Jan 2019 21:06 #8

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Thanks so much Ron! The Personal License is THE BEST business opportunity in the entire automotive industry. That's why im so pumped about doing everything right! With that being said, even if you DO do it all right plus extra stuff at no cost like i did for David's Silverado... (New plugs, wrapped exhaust, map sensor relocation) the vehicle doesn't respond in mileage increases like we hoped. It DID reapond with wayyyyy more power! And he's still enjoying his very clean exhaust.
I told him over the phone tonight that there must be a vaccum leak somewhere. New Intake manifold gaskets commonly needed with year 2000 engines/ trucks. So he called to tell me he will be having the chevy dealership do smoke testing for vaccum leaks, if found, he'll have them fix it, and will get back to me tomorrow on what they did. Any ideas why the mileage isn't there guys?
Michael Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 09 Jan 2019 01:11 #9

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Just a guess, but it might be that he’s enjoying that power a bit too much/often.
It’s not talked about here too often anymore, but while you’re encouraged to put your foot into it often, you’re also supposed to back off to where you maintain speed with just a light touch on the throttle. That’s where we get the efficiency from- shorter runs to speed and then you hold there, backing off as you approach target.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 09 Jan 2019 17:32 #10

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Thankyou ill let him know. Vaccum test from dealership was good. No leaks. Any ideas?
Michael Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 10 Jan 2019 11:16 #11

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Yup, check if he drags his right foot when he walks. If he does, figure out how to remove the lead in it ;-p

Seriously though, have him check his tire pressure - when the temp drops, so does the size of the air in tires. I checked mine recently and they were each 8-12 psi lower than I like to keep them. drove like a new car away from the pump.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 11 Jan 2019 21:27 #12

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
This may be a good case to point out an idea of mine.

As I See it, there are three categories of things that affect our results.

1. The Vehicle Condition.

2. Driving Conditions.

3. Driving Style.

Everything we Gadgetmen do, the Groove, all other mods, vehicle age/ maintenance, fall in #1.

Driving conditions,#2, that's the roads, traffic, weather, temperature, wind, altitude, baro. pressure. Everything about the environment being driven IN.

#3 Driving style- HOW it's driven.

We, and our Customers, can alter and learn how to change #1 and #3. #2 is a lot harder. Basically you can decide whether to drive here and now, or not. You could change the route used, and wait for better weather, etc. But, of course we usually don't do that. We want/need to go wherever, now.

Realize that today is January 11th. Middle of winter. Cold, rain, snow, ice. Often slower speeds used. Water in any form on the road increases rolling resistance. Cold temps reduce MPG. Wind adds to vehicle/engine loads.

When I did the MPG test drive in Subie 4 1/2 years ago that resulted in a 72 MPG result--that was a calm summer evening on a flat hiway with very little traffic and no wind. Test track like conditions.

Remember, we are striving for gains in efficiency, and we usually get them. Realize also, that we have to accept #2, conditions, as they are. Another idea re: MPG results is: you NEVER take the same trip twice.

So, Michael, keep this all in mind as you go forward.

I'll add this: use a scantool or equivalent, check LT/ST trims, O2 voltages, in real time while it's running/driving. Have the owner drive as you watch the readout. Watch to see that the upstream O2 V switches hi/low fast enough, and that downstream O2(s) V stays in the right range. Greg's right- tire press drops in winter, needs checked w/ cold tires. How many miles on this truck? Are the O2's all original? Overall engine/vehicle condition and maintenance?

EVERYTHING matters. Stay on Target, Michael. Doin' good, Buddy!:evil:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Preston

• Page: