Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Abingdon Va!

Hello from Abingdon Va! 19 Feb 2013 21:00 #13

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Mike research the PCV re-route on this site. Look in the Index, and I've posted about it in numerous threads.

I'm gonna jump in about the resistor in the MAF wire (and of course I want to see MPG Mike's response :cheer: )

But I think I remember from awhile ago that doing as Mike says will alter the MAF output signal to ECU, such that ECU will "see" less airflow into engine, hence will inject less fuel.

Again MPG Mike is the expert here, not I. I humbly submit only from memory...

and again listen to what he says... (really!)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello from Abingdon Va! 20 Feb 2013 20:44 #14

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
From my own experience on my Hyundai, using a "manual influence" method, the reduction of presumed air into the engine does cause a reduction in fuel usage.

Basically leaning it out, I was able to acheive mileage gains of 60mpg.

A word of caution here being the possibility of going to lean and causing engine damage.

At the same time, I wonder if the ecu and O2 sensors would react to a over lean condition and compensate.

Things to ponder :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Hello from Abingdon Va! 20 Feb 2013 22:29 #15

• Mick Legris
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes... the ecu and o2 sensors may very well work against my efforts to maximize my engines efficiency. Technology.

What kind of damage?

And furthermore, is the addition of the 180k ohm resistor going to reduce horsepower or throttle responsiveness.

Guess I'll find out.

By the way, these resistors were not available at the local radio shack in Abingdon Va. I am looking at ordering them from ebay or an electrical components supplier.

Thanks to everyones advise! I hope, at some point, to be offering assistance to someone in the future. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edit: by Mick Legris.
  • Page: