Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!

TOPIC: PCV valve / port / hose??

PCV valve / port / hose?? 04 May 2013 21:52 #25

• fineearth
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok kids, here is the latest info. After QUADchecking everything that even resembles a vacuum hose and even using sealent on the pcv cap and the idle air control tube connection points I decided to check the work that Mieneke did on the new exhaust system. GUESS WHAT!! The first post o2 sensor before the Catalytic conv (the main one throwing code)was not all the way seated at its connection point, it darn near fell apart when I finally got my hand on it. And the wire from it was laying on the exhaust pipe! After connecting it properly and routing the wire to a safe place. My engine light has not come on after about 30 miles of driving stops and starts and one highway jont... I'm in hopes that my engine light problem is solved.

Thank you guys for all your input. I'm now looking forward to some Groovy results!!

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
GREG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

PCV valve / port / hose?? 04 May 2013 22:14 #26

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
I am glad you got this sorted out, its amazing how easy it is to not double check the work we've paid for by someone who claims to know what they are doing.

Can't wait to hear your results.

Ken

PCV valve / port / hose?? 05 May 2013 08:05 #27

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Greg, you just advanced by leaps and bounds, have learned SO MUCH about your engine (much of which will apply to other vehicles) and proved you have the mettle to be a GREAT Gadgetman!

Way to go.

I should probably take some responsibility for your extended difficulties. I SHOULD have told you instead of "Check your work"... Check ALL work that was recently done.

Personally, I know of only one shop in the nation I woudl trust with my repairs, and that is Major Muffler of West L.A. Scott is one of the best and the most caring shop owners I have ever met.

And I would still double-check his work! (No offense, Scott!)

Now, let's get on with this Groove Thing!

Ron

Last edit: by Gadgetman.

PCV valve / port / hose?? 07 May 2013 21:42 #28

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Right On Greg! Yup, Car Stuff is Like that... :whistle: :lol:

I thought I saw your x-fighter emerging from the pond (said Yoda).

IF this was scouting I think you would have a Merit Badge!

Learning is so Great!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV