Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plasma Jet Ignition Video

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 15 May 2013 18:48 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Ok here's the video clip of the Plasma spark on the Subaru. Finally uploaded to youtube. :P

Kinda grainy but the difference is there to see. Much more impressive in person. Definite improvement in how it runs! Lots of RF noise, don't know if there's a way to suppress that, the ECM has done a few odd things, but basically OK so far.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: title spelin

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 19 May 2013 17:14 #2

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
WOW... is right! You have my attention. Thanks for the convincing demo! When I come visit, I look forward to hearing all about! Just left you a message.

Hope to talk with you soon!

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 22 May 2013 07:25 #3

• divedaddy03
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

TracyG wrote: Ok here's the video clip of the Plasma spark on the Subaru. Finally uploaded to youtube. :P

Kinda grainy but the difference is there to see. Much more impressive in person. Definite improvement in how it runs! Lots of RF noise, don't know if there's a way to suppress that, the ECM has done a few odd things, but basically OK so far.

Tracy G

WOW Tracy!

What is this plasma ignition?
Is it an ignition pack that you can buy or something that you made yourself?

Cheers,

Wayne, SC
Gadgetman Carolinas

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 22 May 2013 10:55 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi Wayne. Plasma Jet Ignition has been around for 40+ years far as I know. Developed for jet engines and industrial apps I think.

All ignition sparks technically are plasma.

Would take me a while to try to explain this, better if you google it. Google these terms:

Ignition Secrets by Aaron Murakami | Plasma Ignition

Blue Phoenix Ignitions

Mad Hornet Ignition

Blue Phoenix and Mad Hornet sell systems to do this. I recommend buying Aaron Murakami's Ignition Secrets download pkg.its $37 I think. That is for the DIY'er. Most of info around is from benchtop builds, demo's, etc.

Once you get the download, study it and try to understand what Aaron and Peter Lindemann
are doing. They have a lot of videos to explain it and break it down. There is also a support thread for this at Energetic Forum.

I've decided to not completely reveal the exact secret cause I think Aaron deserves credit for figuring out the "trick" here, his $37 download is worth every cent IMHO.

I learned far more DIY ing it than if I had just bought a pre made system. I dit it as a "layered" build. I would still have a kick-butt ignition even without the Plasma. Very robust bad-boy parts needed to get Plasma, each contributing to final result, like non resistor plugs and plug wires. A Capacitive Discharge Ignition box is recommended too, like MSD, etc. But there are a few Tricks involved, Aaron is very clever to have figured it out, it involves a shortcut.

In other words, ya gotta DIG for this one. Its Worth it! Get Aaron's download. I WILL help anybody who does that. It's a bit like the Groove, I'm not going to encourage tool makers to copy Ron's bits for example, but I do help Gadgetfolks. We all regret how TPTB treated Tesla, right? See my Point?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 23 May 2013 11:06 #5

• Dries Fourie
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi TracyG, great stuff tnx for the vid - it's very convincing, but can you tell me how to upload a vid here?

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 23 May 2013 17:38 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi Dries, I'm no computer guru...I had to create a youtube account. Then I could upload this vid to Youtube. Then I copied/ pasted the URL from my youtube into the posting you see on this site. My limited understanding of this is that the video has to be "stored" or held on another site, then a URL link to it can be posted here.

for pics I just upload from my camera to my computet then here to this forum.

Beyond that I'm a half-trained ape!

Thanks for kind comments!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 25 Aug 2013 11:51 #7

• luishan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello !
This post for @ TracyG and anybody who really install the plasma ignition system.

I read the book "The Ignition Secrets".
After I read the book, I decide to install the plasma setup to my car.
But I have a question regarding the diode block hook up method.
I upload two kind hook up diagram that A and B.

Which ways is correct hook up method ? A or B ?

A has only one diode block for plasma ignition and
B is hook up the diode block each spark plugs.

Any opinion by your real world experience ?

Please help me right method.
Thank you.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 26 Aug 2013 19:58 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Luishan, I used Option B.

If your engine has a distributor, it's best to keep the Plasma discharge effect isolated to the spark plug. Option A would result in the discharge arcing across the cap/rotor gaps, would likely eat caps/rotors for lunch quickly. Your diagrams show you have done the homework. My threads on the support forum at Energetic Forum explain details of my part selection and some assembly techniques that worked well for me.

I can add that I think it's a good idea to mount the CDI box in as cool a place as possible, or direct cooling air to it. I had some hiccups this summer in hot conditions. I also wound up mounting the HEI amplifier on a computer chip heat sink w/ a 12V fan on it. I power the HEI amplifier module thru a relay triggered by ignition switch, and the little computer fan gets its 12V power from same terminal on this relay. I just asked for a heavy duty fog light relay at the parts store. Good Luck, it's a real kick to see this discharge when you've built it right!

Wow we just had an earthquake as I was composing this, this stuff is stronger than I thought! :S

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: shook up

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 27 Aug 2013 13:15 #9

• luishan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for your kind answer and advice.
I have couple of questions.

(1) How many mileage gain did got after install the set up ?
(2) Did you still get the befit from the plasma set up until now without any problem ?
(3) Would you share your set up diagram include MSD tach adapter hook up ?

Thank you. :)

Last edit: by luishan.

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 28 Aug 2013 17:02 #10

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Luishan, for the MSD tach adapter stuff go to MSD's website for more. I had to use it 'cause my car's computer would shut the engine down 30 sec. after engine start, the tach signal needed a boost to keep the computer happy.

I had hiccups, the engine would cut out a fraction of a second with ambient temps in high 90's outside, not since then, I would advise mounting MSD box in as cool/dry a place as possible, or fashion a duct to direct air to it as I did.

I cant really claim much MPG gain from the Plasma mod, maybe 2-3 mpg, but it does run better, smoother,and had more low end torque.

now it's Your turn, Luishan, tell us about your car.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: luishan

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 28 Aug 2013 17:39 #11

• luishan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for your reply.
I had a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham V8 5.7 Liter GM LT1 Engine with Optical Distributor.
I have modified throttle body as the Gadgetman Groove.
Recently, I decide to install the Plasma Ignition System for better mileage.
Now, I am process to research and study phase for my car.
I consider to install the Aaron's plasma setup or inverter type plasma setup.
I order the non resistor spark plugs already.
But I not sure which set up is really work for giving me better MPG gain and durability for long term use.
I think you can give me an better idea as an experienced installer.
Some people said inverter type plasma set up is much better for MPG gain.
Would you re-join the Energetic Science Forum with below link.

Thank you.

Last edit: by luishan.

Plasma Jet Ignition Video 29 Aug 2013 13:52 #12

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Thanks Luishan. Went to Energeticforum and poked around some. Been off awhile. Valid question--use Streetfire box or custom made Inverter setup. Aaron's shortcut is how I went use off the shelf stuff. MY suggestion for you is get torquemaster plugs and zero-ohm wires installed first as stepping stones. Should give improvements on own. Continue research on which way to go. Looks like others have continued cutting path for Plasma over there, I have catching up to do. Inverter setup may yeild more power and MPG's. BUT-- can the Plugs stand up to it how often will need new ones. Why I picked Torquemaster plugs. Aaron and others have spoken of using Too Much ignition discharge power, possible damage results from that? And I've said I'm not an electronics builder so I went w/ Streetfire and Aaron's way, was complex enuf for me! Thanks for tossing pebbles on my window got my attention again! :cheer:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: