Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Duel Ignition Plug Mod

Duel Ignition Plug Mod 04 Jun 2014 22:36 #13

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I can adj the amount of fuel by watching the fuel trims and inj timing on scangauge.Yes the mpg is best tested liquid but the gauge can help adj how much is being used in real time. without doing this you will have a yo yo effect on mpg.

Dan,

According to the given SG readings, I am in closed loop.
As to adjusting the amount of fuel, are you doing that with the SG?
If you can, then maybe the SG is the source of my problems since the Groove, aspirin and another fuel saving mod are having no effect on my truck. Thought it was the ECU and it still may be but been hearing others say the SG can adjust or has given them problems.
I am getting a yo-yo effect when I sometimes run flat highway and see the MPG shoot up to 35-40mpgs and the engine running smoother and then fall back down to 25mpg and feeling like I am towing something.
Is this true the SG can be at fault?
Karl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Karl411.

Duel Ignition Plug Mod 05 Jun 2014 08:40 #14

• Nate
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 9
Its unlikely that the scanguage is interfering with your gains.

The scan gauge is a feedback tool, Dan is talking about making adjustments to things like how much cold vapor is flowing and watching how the fuel trim is being affected. Or watching the fuel trim change -5% after doing the groove.

I'm pretty sure this is the page with the strange codes that you need
» X-Gauge Categories » ISO – VPW ISO - VPW | ScanGauge</a> <br /> <br /> There is a table named <b>Fuel Trim Data for ISO & VPW vehicles</b><br /> <br /> <div class="kmsgattach"> <h4> <em>This image is hidden for guests.<br />Please log in or register to see it.</em> </h4> </div> <br /> <br /> You want the Short and Long term for Bank 1 </div> </div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="kbuttonbar-left"> <p>Please <a class="btn-link" href="/login?return=aHR0cHM6Ly9tZW1iZXJzLmdhZGdldG1hbmdyb292ZS5jb20vZm9ydW1zL2dyb292eS1xdWVzdGlvbnMtYW5kLW90aGVyLXN0dWZmLzM0NzEtZHVlbC1pZ25pdGlvbi1wbHVnLW1vZD9zdGFydD0xMg==" rel="nofollow">Log in</a> to join the conversation.</p><div class="kmessage-editmarkup-cover hidden-phone"> <span class="kmessage-editmarkup hidden-phone"> Last edit: by <span class="kwho-user hasTooltip">Nate</span>. </span> </div> <div class="kmessage-buttons-cover"> <div class="kmessage-buttons-row"> </div> </div> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </div> </div> </div> <div class="ktopactions"> <table id="topic-actions"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="klist-actions-goto"> <a id="forumtop"> </a> <a href="#forumbottom"> <span class="kicon kforumtop"></span> </a></td> <td class="klist-actions-forum"> <div class="kmessage-buttons-row"> </div> <div class="kmessage-buttons-row"> </div> </td> <td class="klist-pages-all"> <ul class="kpagination"> <li class="page">Page:</li><li><a href="/forums/groovy-questions-and-other-stuff/3471-duel-ignition-plug-mod?start=0" title="1">1</a></li><li><span class="pagenav">2</span></li></ul> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </div> <form action="/forums" id="jumpto" name="jumpto" method="post" target="_self"> <input type="hidden" name="view" value="category"/> <input type="hidden" name="task" value="jump"/> <span class="kright"><select name="catid" id="catid" class="inputbox fbs" size="1" onchange = "this.form.submit()"><option value="0">Board Categories</option> <option value="1" selected="selected"> Main Forum</option> <option value="4">- Automotive</option> <option value="5">- - Ford</option> <option value="6">- - General Motors</option> <option value="7">- - Dodge</option> <option value="8">- - Foreign Manufactured</option> <option value="19">- - Performance and Mileage Reports</option> <option value="11">- - Carbureted Vehicles</option> <option value="2">- Welcome Mat</option> <option value="12">- Personal License Pilot Program</option> <option value="9">- Off-Road Applications</option> <option value="10">- Service Bulletins</option> <option value="14">- Brotherly Love</option> <option value="15">- Other Stuff</option> <option value="20">- - Groovy Questions and Other Stuff</option> <option value="22">- - Trial and Error-How we learn!</option> <option value="16">- Diagnostics</option> <option value="17">- Tools of The Trade</option> <option value="25">- Open Discussions</option> </select></span> </form> <div class="pull-right"></div> <div class="clearfix"></div> <div class="kblock kpathway breadcrumbs-2"> <div class="kcontainer"> <div class="ksectionbody"> <div class = "kforum-pathway"> <div class="path-element-first"><a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&view=home&defaultmenu=2413&Itemid=2408">Forums</a></div> <div class="path-element"><a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&catid=1&Itemid=2408">Main Forum</a></div> <div class="path-element"><a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&catid=15&Itemid=2408">Other Stuff</a></div> <div class="path-element"><a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&catid=20&Itemid=2408">Groovy Questions and Other Stuff</a></div> <div class="path-element"><a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=20&id=3471&Itemid=2408">Duel Ignition Plug Mod</a></div> </div> </div> </div> </div> <div class="pull-right large-kicon"><a rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" href="/forum/topics/mode-topics?format=feed&type=rss"><i class="icon icon-feed hasTooltip" title="Get the latest posts directly to your desktop" aria-hidden="true"></i></a></div> <div class="clearfix"></div> </div> <div style="text-align:center;"><a href="/forums/credits" style="display: inline !important; visibility: visible !important; text-decoration: none !important;">Powered by</a> <a href="https://www.kunena.org" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" style="display: inline !important; visibility: visible !important; text-decoration: none !important;">Kunena Forum</a></div> <div class="clearfix"></div> <!-- End Content --> </main> </div> </div> </div> <!-- Footer --> <footer class="footer" role="contentinfo"> <div class="container-fluid"> <hr /> <p class="pull-right"> <a href="#top" id="back-top"> Back to Top </a> </p> <p> © 2024 Gadgetman Groove </p> </div> </footer> </body> </html>