Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff)

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 25 Apr 2013 22:15 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
In the endless search for efficiency improvements, I've noticed the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. Actually found it years ago, online, never tried it. Anybody have any input about this product line?

thanks,

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: should go in Other Stuff

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 03 May 2013 21:44 #2

• k4bry
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy,
I bought the Fitch Pellets several years ago, after seeing an article about it, in two different magazines. I think there are links to some of these articles on the Fitch web site. They did what seemed to be some good tests, and were convinced it works as advertised.
I Put two pellets in the 04 Corolla tank, one in the 04 Harley Road king, and one each, in two of my 5 gal plastic gas cans. I didn't put one in the old Kawasaki generator, because I always run it dry on each use. I am still using gas from the 5 gallon can I filled up a year ago, 4/22/13, for my generator fuel testing. It does not smell stale to me. I plan to keep using them, I believe it works.
Joe Bryant

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 07 May 2013 21:52 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Thanks, Joe that's good to hear. Wonder if anyone else has any experience w/ Fitch?

I think that they recommend using more than 2 drop-in's for an in-tank install. but I understand dispersing them in several app's like you did. I'm still considering using one version or another of Fitch for my Subaru.

Thanks again Joe!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 02 Jun 2013 18:27 #4

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
I actually have the Fitch Fuel Catalyst put on my 2008 Mazda Tribute. It connects with the fuel injection line. I just want to put my two cents in. Short answer: Don't buy it. Long answer:
I have noticed no improvements on my vehicle. But again YMMV. I bought it way before I knew Ron and the Gadgetman Groove. If I known about the Gadgetman Groove I would have never bought it.

Now I plan on taking it off and going back to normal. But it's very hard to take off. I might have to have my friend the mechanic take it off. Again with someone else's vehicle it might be different but for me no change in fuel economy or power.

Save your money.

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 03 Jun 2013 20:34 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Thanks for that, Juan. They make inline versions like you have, and the drop-ins that go in gas tank. I've thought that in-tank is way to go, more continuous exposure of catalyst to ALL the fuel All the time, but just my hunch.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 19 Dec 2015 19:12 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
I've wondered about the Fitch products for years. Thanks to Gadgetman and super cool dude, Grant Goldade, now I have one! :P :woohoo: :) I found this box on the porch when I came home today. I knew what was up soon as I saw the label. Grant and I conversed some months back, he said he had a new inline model Fitch Fuel Catalyst he wasn't going to use, and said he would give it to me. An unexpected Christmas present!

Grant, Thank You Very Much, I really appreciate this! I will install it ASAP, and report my observations here. And, I hope you see this, Grant, and come visit here soon. You have been in on some Manhattan Project level fuel efficiency projects and research. ---PICC-- for example....(insert theme from 2001: a Space Odyessy here) Sad to say, some Somebody's didn't think the Masses should have THAT..... Uh huh....

Grant, thank You, Sir, and have a Very Merry Christmas! :lol: :lol:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 01 Jan 2016 18:11 #7

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Okay, I went ahead and installed the Fitch fuel Catalyst on my Subaru, two days ago. It's way too soon for any real data. But I think Subie likes it. Idle is smoother, and power feels better too. As luck had it, the pre-installed hoses (top quality ones, too) were exactly right length to splice into existing fuel lines. After looking around for a good spot to mount it, I just put it in a metal box I installed years ago for the old HAFC HHO kit. It's a big metal cylinder, I looked in the ends, the gas will be in contact with a LOT of surface area of the metal alloy catalyst inside the cylinder.

When I know more, I'll post about it, but I Think there is something to this product.

Thanks again, Grant!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 03 Jan 2016 11:45 #8

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy,
Was wondering how the Fitch differs from the ionizer posted here.
Maybe more contact and/or different catalyst?
The other thing was the set up.
Seeing that fuel must pass thru the device, was wondering why they put elbows
on both ends seeing that set up would seem to create more resistance for fuel
to pass thru.
Just musing here.
Karl

Last edit: by Karl411.

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 03 Jan 2016 18:13 #9

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
yeah, Karl, the Fitch weighs at least a pound. You can see thru the ends there are channels thru and around the solid metal catalyst. The Fitch probably has 100 times more metal catalyst in it compared to the
DIY one I made. Those 90 degree end fittings and the attached fuel inj. hoses are 5/16" ID. Way more flow capacity than the Subie needs.

And I am noticing a smoother idle, and all-round better driveability with it.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 03 Jan 2016 19:45 #10

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
With you noticing the difference, if not a placebo effect, I would think it would manifest itself for better mileage too.Keep us posted on the success there with MPG.

I am trying to purchase an old Nova for the purpose of playing with the engine for better MPGs since it seems everything I tried with this truck has been thwarted by the ECM.
Nice to have the elites control everything including your car so you cant get the MPGs that
Charles Pogue,Stan Meyers or Tom Ogle got before they were stopped/eliminated by these devils. :evil:
Can play a whole lot more for better MPGs without the control chip all cars now have.
Hey, we are a free country right? :sick:

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 03 Jan 2016 21:07 #11

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Yes my opinion stated here re: the Fitch IS subjective. But the Subie IS running exceptionally well now. On the same gas that was in the tank before Fitch. And it's been Polar Bear's Butt cold here too. And I had to throw the studded snow's on it 2 weeks ago. W/ snow tires I avoid hard maneuvers. So, I'm actually driving a bit easier than otherwise, but it's smooth as a Seal's A**!

I'll probably be all used to it like this when Spring gets here and I can put the street tires back on. As for MPG's I'd expect an increase too, right now it sucks from winter conditions, normal for time of year.

As for your accursed Truck... the old Gypsy woman cursed it. IF you give a Burnt Offering by burning it, well then you can Break the spell this way.............................................. :whistle: :pinch:

For a delightful short story about a cursed vehicle, read The Whole Truth by Rod Serling. A real Gem! ;)

Good Luck on finding that Nova!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 03 Jan 2016 21:24 #12

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So, I'm actually driving a bit easier than otherwise, but it's smooth as a Seal's A**!

'
Question....Since youi dont have seals there in Nevada, how would you know? :unsure:
And how would a seal allow you to get to touch its bottom and why would you even want to? :huh:

Just may try the thing and see. Cant hurt unless I dont fasten the clamps well enough. :ohmy:

• Page: