Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L just grooved

Re: 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L just grooved 13 Dec 2012 01:52 #13

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
jim, try hooking up pcv back to normal and test mpg,let me know if theres a diff the trims are great so the ecu and o2s are working fine. no vac leak so try this as I have had it work on some models better normal. keep me posted

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L just grooved 16 Dec 2012 11:50 #14

• jim g
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dan,
Thanks, I'll try that. I cut the origional pcv hose, and of course, trying to get another one is going to be a pain. Can't seem to get one online. The end at the intake increases in size. Looks like I'll do a patch job until I can get one from the dealer. Will reset the ecu and let everybody know.

Jim

Re: 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L just grooved 29 Jul 2014 08:41 #15

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Was this issue ever resolved?

My wife and I are looking at buying one of these vehicles and I'm very curious of the outcome. Not that I don't mind hacking into a car first thing but we're looking new and I would like to know the options of grooving.

thanks,
Ken

Re: 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L just grooved 29 Jul 2014 18:51 #16

• jim g
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ken,
I since purchased a new 2013 Elantra and grooved that. Not much different than 1st. Didn't touch the pcv this time. Only see about 1-2 mpg increase. Also watch where you buy your gas at. Have seen 1-2 mpg difference depending which brand you buy. Your best bet is to purchase Dan Merricks cold vapor system. I average 15-20% all the time. Takes a little time to tweak, but when you get the amount of fuel adjusted right, no codes and better mileage.
Good luck

Jim

Re: 2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L just grooved 30 Jul 2014 09:04 #17

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Jim,

Thanks, we're also looking at a 2010 Insight as well so we will see where the better deal is. Might have to just groove what we get and *cough* go see Mr. Dan in our neighboring state for a top groove and to bring home a vapor system. Thank you for the information though, 20% on an elantra wouldn't be bad at all.

Ken

2011 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L just grooved 30 Jul 2014 22:51 #18

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Ken have you tried Dan's other great innovation the MPG Remedy? Using my own recipie for it along w/ proper dose of Lucas upper cyl. fuel treat, and increased tire press. is how I got such radical
hiway test MPG's 2 weeks ago. I'm a real believer in those 2 mods along w/ the Groove of course.

The Subie needs substantially less throttle now- the rolling resistance has dropped way off, and the engine is more energetic and torqu-ier. So I drive with less throttle nearly all the time, so the butterfly is closer to the Groove. It's "in the Groove" more now. That should mean man. vac. is increased... Like all 3 elements are really working together. I can upshift oftentimes much earlier, the car and engine will just do it now.

I've adjusted driving technique to take advantage of course- "having the Power but using less of it".

We are Uber-Lucky to have Dan with us! :woohoo:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: