Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.

TOPIC: '93 Silverado with 5.7 liter TBI Grooved

'93 Silverado with 5.7 liter TBI Grooved 27 Jan 2015 07:51 #25

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
I need to change the plugs as well, still running stock AC Delco's but gapped at .43.

Ordered the RVS for the engine and Trans, I will post up when i'm doing the change over. I only drive this thing about 5k miles a year so 40k miles treatment will last a good while. If I can only get this thing up to 25 mpg on the hwy i'll be doing a lot more miles. just 2.5 mpg to go with my Hydrogen installed.

I'll be in touch.

Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'93 Silverado with 5.7 liter TBI Grooved 06 Feb 2015 07:34 #26

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Still getting a slight blow-by at the dipstick, but it is nothing like it used to be. I need to try it with the pcv valve in place instead of the fake one I have there now. Fake as in I cut the bottom off and removed the workings to create a passive vent. Though this is creating a lot of moisture seen on the dipstick, so at lunch I might swap it out with the new pcv valve.

Despite the moisture issue, this thing sure is a lot more fun to drive with full vacuum on the groove.

Ken

'93 Silverado with 5.7 liter TBI Grooved 06 Feb 2015 17:10 #27

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
For the " New Re-Groove." throttle when put on intake did this one call for an aluminum cover with 1/8" hole for air under throttle body ?? My 1997 350 vortec chev calls for it. Just wondering. Also I capped PVC valve on intake rerouted PCV hose to inbound air before throttle body as shown page 2 pictures. Engine does look good.
geraldc

'93 Silverado with 5.7 liter TBI Grooved 09 Feb 2015 11:18 #28

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Would an air-oil seperator/catch can solve your moisture and oil issues, Ken?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

'93 Silverado with 5.7 liter TBI Grooved 09 Feb 2015 11:30 #29

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I have been running an oil/air separator off my pcv for some time now and it helps a great deal.

My vacuum and compression are higher now after the first 2 bottles of RVS in the engine. I also installed it in my old tired transmission and it is smoother than it ever has been.

It looks like i'll have to run my oil/air separator until the time when I can properly overhaul this engine, running passive pcv only causes seals to leak as the vacuum is increased. With 206k miles on the engine it just doesn't like 22 lbs of vacuum while sitting at a traffic light. With the pcv routed back to the throttle body i'm still seeing 19 at traffic lights and no leaks underneath. So she could use new seals and gaskets, though right now I don't have a week to tear her down and put her back in.

Thank you for the suggestion of the RVS, it is working well.
Ken

'93 Silverado with 5.7 liter TBI Grooved 09 Feb 2015 13:08 #30

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Don't forget the differential(s)! (I'm even considering getting a tube of the RVS grease for when I do my bearings...) It is wonderful stuff, the RVS, that has helped me get my truck running at a combined 22.8 combined and remedied MPG PRE-groove and mods. Smaller engine (3.0liter), but still a small pickup. You'll hit or surpass your target...
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile