Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.

TOPIC: TBI Testing and Information

Re: TBI Testing and Information 23 Mar 2012 12:29 #37

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Karl,

I didn't say tire size doesn't matter just merely that if you calculate at fillup you will get the most accurate fuel mileage measurements. Gallons divided by miles, after all, is what we are looking for.

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: TBI Testing and Information 23 Mar 2012 20:11 #38

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well if you read all the fourms and the nay sayer flap. Then you understand the only way this is going to work is with the big C word which is Credibility! Now using the nay sayers own info for calculating mpg as I posted the link to that info is going to be real hard for them to say the test is flawed. What I have been doing is testing there info as to how accurate googles maps are. Now most of the city blocks where I live are 1.02 mile long and 1.04 mile wide maped out my google maps which I compared to my Nissan Versas trip meter. What I'm doing is know different that any of the new car Magazines do with out spending a ton on expensive testing and in the real world driving conditions. Also if you look at the history of hot rodding and the new term of modding then this is where we find are self not so much make power but looking for the mpg numbers!

Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 27 Mar 2012 23:03 #39

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Getting ready to install the Grooved TBI, pulled out my spare throttle positioning sensor and Idle air control decided for the test I will pick up new ones, these look a little worn out. Second My concerns with obd1 is wiring and good ground connections. Third after I get done testing on my truck I was think about trying this out on my sons stage 1 performance build to see how it does. I'm sure everyone would like to know.
Here are two pic's first one is the worn tbi parts and the other is why I say you need to go through you wiring on obd1 systems because the problem you having may be this and not the tbi. pic 2 from my son's truck.

Craig

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Chevytruckguy.

Re: TBI Testing and Information 21 Jun 2012 23:06 #40

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Has anyone else been seeing a new line of products showing up that would look like there following the lead from here?? One of them looks like an Idea that Ron talk to me about a while ago. I just noticed then today.

Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Jun 2012 04:05 #41

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Craig, why don't you shoot me an e-mail and tell me about your observations? I'd love the chance to check them out...

Ron

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Jun 2012 04:45 #42

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK, How do we message each other on line?

Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Jun 2012 04:49 #43

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here's how you contact anyone on the Groovy Forums...

1) Click on their name. This takes you to their profile.
2) Click on their e-mail address. This opens your mail program.
3) Compose an e-mail!

It's that simple!

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Jun 2012 05:52 #44

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron I Tryed that. It seems I can't see anyones email. Can I message you on facebook?
Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Jun 2012 07:44 #45

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Craig,

I'm a little curious as well and I'm also curious about any results you may have gotten from your testing. I noticed your last post on the truck was about 2 months ago.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Facebook page Gadgetman Tacoma

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Jun 2012 14:44 #46

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey all!

Let your peeps know I'm in Mesa, doing mods today through Saturday!

Phone: 307-413-0342
Facebook: GadgetmanGroove and GadgetmanPrime

And we ALL want to know what's been happening! Most people, once happy, never return to tell about it. The result is still good, though.

I stopped into the nearest AutoZone and when I handed my card to Travis at the counter, got all kind of excited. Seems I did his friend's Kobalt, who is cruising along at a solid 39 mpg's!

So, FOLLOW THE THREE RULES AND NEVER EVER STOP! The People will hear....

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Jun 2012 20:41 #47

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Karl,
The simple answer is life getting in the way. I sent Ron a message so he can take a look at the products. Do you have a email I can sent you the info to?

Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Jun 2012 21:45 #48

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yep

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.