Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from below

Hello from below 23 Jul 2019 21:22 #1

• Vincent Vaotuua
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 5
Kia ora/Greetings Gadgetarians,
I'm Vince from Melbourne Australia and happy to be apart of this awesome group, so looking forward to getting started.
Cheers Ron thanks for sharing your genius with us I'd love to have a beer with you mate my shout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, David Seaich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello from below 23 Jul 2019 21:33 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Welcome to Gadgetman land, Vince!!! Glad to have someone here that isn't scared to read the instructions!

Pay attention to Michael Lee. He's my newest "rising star" and is doing FANTASTIC work!

The true authority her though is Tracy Gallaway. He's been with me since Christ was a carpenter!!! And, he's the resident Subaru expert...

Browse, and most of all, ENJOY!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, David Seaich, Vincent Vaotuua

Hello from below 23 Jul 2019 23:34 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Vince, Welcome to Gadgetman Land!
Ron is too kind, but a tip of the hat to you anyway, Ron!
I'd say, dig in w/ reading in the forum, look around in posts in the archives. Tell us about your car (s), engines, etc. What got you interested in the Gadgetman Groove?

this is a great bunch of folks, feel free to ask questions, and give any helpful answers to others too! I do own two Subarus, an '85 GL wagon, w/ Weber carb and other upgrades. Also, an '02 Outback, Grooved, that just underwent major re-work.

Vincent, Cheers, and Welcome aboard!!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, David Seaich, Vincent Vaotuua

Hello from below 24 Jul 2019 10:33 #4

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Welcome brother Vince! I am eager to see your new adventure start! We work together and there's a lot cool things to talk about. Read up on the forums and don't forget to look over the groovey bulletins. I hope to hear about your first groove and mods.

From California, Claudio.

Hello from below 24 Jul 2019 17:48 #5

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
Hi Vince! Welcome, and i think it's very good to have more Aussie folks here! Simon Burdett is also in the land of Terra Australis, and owns a 2002 Volvo Xc-90. There is a thread here concerning his 2.5L pcv location. Interestingly enough, it doesn't have one! The design of 2 breather hoses is incorporated. You'll find little knowledge tips like that one along the way for ALOT of different engines. You'll grow so much here so long as you keep sharing your experiences and asking questions! I'm in Minnesota, USA. Less than 2 years ago, i was one of the biggest skeptics of this technology, but i decided to take a leap of faith because Ron was either crazy, a liar, or one of the greatest inventors of all time! I found quickly that this technology is life changing for my family. We breath better, have more fun driving, and save TONS of money. THAT goes to food on the table! God bless you brother,

Gadgetman Michael
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Green Auto Technology - YouTube
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, David Seaich, Vincent Vaotuua

Last edit: by Michael Lee.

Hello from below 28 Jul 2019 07:12 #6

• Vincent Vaotuua
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hi Micheal, Thanks for the warm welcome mate, still trying to get my head around exploring this forum as it is the first one I've ever joined but no doubt I'll learn alot and hope I can contribute as well. glad it worked for you I have believe in it just cant wait to get the kit and get started.

Cheers bro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

Hello from below 28 Jul 2019 07:17 #7

• Vincent Vaotuua
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hi Claudio, cheers brother for the welcome, so looking forward to receiving the kit and getting started and share with you and the rest of the gadget fams.

Chur bro (which is what us maori as thanks/awesome)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Hello from below 28 Jul 2019 07:26 #8

• Vincent Vaotuua
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Kia ora (Hello) Tracey, Thanks for your warm welcome, so hanging to receive the kit and get started. I have a 97 80 series Landcruiser I want to put the groove on also might try it on my 2014 Jeep SRT later on but will keep you posted on the progress. Sounds to me like your a guru on this forum aye Tracey.

Cheers mate.

Hello from below 28 Jul 2019 07:29 #9

• Vincent Vaotuua
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
HI Ron, thanks for the opportunity mate, a few more sleeps and I should have my pack and start getting the groove on.

Cheers buddy

Hello from below 30 Jul 2019 15:35 #10

• Barry H. Durmaz
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Tracy.

I'm curious about the fact you, " ...own two Subarus, an '85 GL wagon, w/ Weber carb,and other upgrades. Also, an '02 Outback..."

I was considering an early model Subaru for the excellent gas mileage. However, I receive mixed feedback from those who've owned them and those who've worked on them as trained mechanics. The fuel economy and price point to purchase a used Subaru is hard to beat. And at the same time, the horizontal orientation of the motor appears to be a turn-off. I do like low maintenance everything and want to an economizing vehicle.

I appreciate your candid opinion.

Thanks kindly.

Barry

Hello from below 30 Jul 2019 19:05 #11

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi, Barry. I'll try to give some kind of useful reply. I'd always heard that Subaru's were good cars, and they are quite popular in my area. I bought my '85 GL wagon in fall of 2004 for a Courier route gig I had then. My Subie had NO power when I bought it, but ran reasonably well for 4 months, then the engine started a bad knock. Long story short- I rebuilt it, new pistons/rings/bearings/gaskets. That took a year. The flat-4 design is unusual- some things are harder to do on it, some easier.

The 80's and early 90's Subaru's have a reputation for reliability and good economy, but are getting scarce. IF you got one of those, and do most of your own work, then I'd hope a local junkyard has a few of whatever model you bought, as a parts source.

I advise a manual trans version of ANY Subaru, clutches are far cheaper to fix than automatic's. 1.8L and 2.2L engines are OK, but when you get into the 2.5L ones, esp late 90's- early 2000's, head gasket failures are to be expected. From what I know and have experienced, expect the head gasket(s) to fail sometime above 100K miles.

If you want to really research Subaru's look at Subaru online forums and groups, much better info is in those.

for what it's worth, Subie, my '85 GL wagon, averages 28+ MPG in combined driving, more on the highway. One summer night 5 years ago--after the Groove was done to the replacement Weber carb, Plasma Jet Ignition upgrade, Higher tire pressure, Friction reduction treatment to the engine, and other tricks,...Subie returned an honest 72 MPG on a 50 mile flat highway test. Steady 60 MPH, with no wind and little traffic. Test track type conditions, of course, but that is what it could do under near-perfect conditions.

I'd say6 my '85 is still closer to old-school cars from the 70's and 80's. Meaning it has a carb, a distributor, the ECU is just along for the ride since the stock feedback carb was replaced. So my knowledge from older cars could apply on it. The '02 Outback is modern ECU, EFI, factory emission controls, etc. But still, not to complex or techie to understand. Today's cars are more like appliances with wheels.

So there's a few short examples of my thoughts on Subarus. Hope this helps!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Barry H. Durmaz

Hello from below—Subaru feedback 31 Jul 2019 08:54 #12

• Barry H. Durmaz
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 2
Much appreciate the detailed reply of your experience, Tracy. And I will take your manual vs. automatic recommendation to heart. You've given me a renewed interest in the early models. And I didn't think to search for an online forum. Way to go on the mileage increase from 28 to 72! That is exciting!

Barry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

• Page: