Username: Password:

TOPIC: Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 11 Feb 2013 22:28 #25

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Rikard,

Synchronicity! You posted your ignition test vid as I was writing my last minutes ago...!

Keep it up,buddy...cant wait to see it w/ diode string attached :evil: !!

So Torque Master makes 'em in non-resistor? I may call 'em.... THANKS!!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 12 Feb 2013 00:47 #26

• energyrikard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Synchronicities are fun, aren't they? :)

What I'm using in total are the following:
Shielding, CDI box, non resistive leads and plugs,
21 of these per plug: ,which can be ordered from

You don't have to use Accel or Torque Master specifically. Accel is cheaper than MSD, and leads don't wear out in the same way as the plugs. Plugs are more important as they gonna be slammed real hard. Rumour has it these plugs are extremely durable compared to Pulstar and various Iridium plugs... The ones Extremespark recommends for plasma ignition are the Original Type, not the Star Series.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Note: MSD 5520 is a CDI box too. Just check with MSD that the CDI system you buy is compatible with your vehicle! If it is compatible, go for it!
I bought the 5520 myself from Amazon but had to cancel it early as MSD told me it won't work. Most cars with a distributor should swallow the 5520 though :) It's a very affordable way to get CDI!

Most coil wires fitted.

CDI under the driver's seat - well away from the harsh environment under the bonnet

See the ironic little text on the valve cover? Lol B)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by energyrikard.

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 13 Feb 2013 12:46 #27

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi Rikard!

Yeah I get it w/valve cover--6 plugs x 4 windows per plug...! I agree, original design not star series.

What type red hi current wire you using there w/ diode strings? Looks beefy, I think Aaron has a spec for which type.

Thanks for the detail and pics! :woohoo: yours looks great! I imagine Russian N-1 or NASA's Saturn-V being rolled out slowly to the pad...

Thinking ahead, you were right about the Accel wires; I have a concern about possible dilectric breakdown w/ these over time. These wires w/ straight core can experience mechanical/electrical harmonic resonance that may deteriorate both conductor and insulation over time. That's one reason for spiral wound conductors... But not many choices for straight copper conductor plug wires.

This is a high energy system. Did I see bare conductor exposed from red wires at the plug connectors on your coils? I'd be sure EVERYTHING has Mongo insulation everywhere. I read a lot on the Aquapulser site last nite, plus threads on Energeticforum. I believe your setup(and mine soon) may not have same outputs as Aquapulser (now Spark Amp) or some of Aaron's experiments--but they should be MONSTROUS compared to even just MSD. Remember volts x amps = Watts!! :evil:

From what I read, the plasma discharge may have unusual energy effects including EMP and radiant components. Electronics and meters can get goofy in proximity to these plasma bursts. I would LOVE to see a short video of your Torque Masters making Plasma bursts...but don't stare at 'em for long. Aaron said wear sunglasses!!! :ohmy: If you could have been near Yucca Flat south of me on certain days back in the 50's.................

I give a big Shout Out to you Dr. Rikard :woohoo:

Proceed w/due caution, Herr Doktor!
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 13 Feb 2013 14:02 #28

• energyrikard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hiya!

I'll vid when I got the first plasma pulse... Will have a crack at it later today. I can't wait to do it!! Even now, the spark is much greater than stock standard, so I can't imagine why anyone would be okay with a such puny little spark that comes out from the factory. lol Everything takes time though, and money too sometimes...

Anyway, you can use any spark plug leads if you wanna do plasma, but they have to be non resistive, that's the rule, or it won't work!

There are uninsulated joints in mu current setup as I haven't put all pieces together in a final way yet. I will only EMI shield the coil leads to the plugs and the string.

The thick red wires are too beefy. I only had 16AWG as other wire and 16 is too tiny.. When you splice and dice, use next AWG lower (=thicker wire), solder or do really good crimps (good if you don't like soldering lol) , and finalize with good insulation. Then you will always have good signal paths.

Sumglasses can be good, but I'm not sure of EMP?! lol

Watts are amp+volts.. but it's not a biggie to just crank those figures up a lot with a normal set up. It has been done by many for years. High wattage will burn the plugs... Plasma goes colder, so you can get more power without killing off the plugs. Did you see the video with a plasma spark based on 230volt and a microwave oven transformer? (credit to Aaron)
That setup kills a plug in 2-3 sparks!

A word on credit:
I'm basing the majority of the setup on Aaron Murakami's words in the book "ignition secrets". Do you want to build a DIY CDI? Do you want to understand about the underlying principles of Plasma Jet Ignition? Get his book, it's cheap.

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 14 Feb 2013 01:39 #29

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Agree w/ ya all round there, Mate! I second the recommendation--if you're reading this and want to learn how to build a Plasma Jet Ignition, purchase Aaron Murakami's Ignition Secrets book. Energetic Forum Custom - Energetic Forum is a great info-filled forum co-founded by Aaron, trainloads of info there. Aaron, Peter Lindemann and John Bedini are doing the world great service!

Check out Blue Phoenix Ignition on the Web, look for Aquapulser and/or Spark Amp. Look on Youtube for Plasma Ignition. More info out there and more coming all the time. This is the bleeding Edge of the state of the art of ignition. This is the general type of ignition used in jet turbine engines, a VERY demanding app!

Not as much info on practical use/installs, but that's a part of why we are here, IMHO!

Aaron says this plasma ignition is loud and bright, more than any video can do justice to, that's why my cautionary comments! ;) Others mention unusual effects (miniature lightning!)

Tallyho, Rikard!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 16 Feb 2013 22:09 #30

• GadgetmanSaskatchewan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi y'all!! It is nice to see others getting into the plasma ignition. I have Aaron Murakami's Plasma Ignition manual as well and will be putting it on my 98 Jeep Cherokee. I just skimmed, but your outfit looks good!!
I will start when work runs slower here come March.

Take care,
Luke

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 17 Feb 2013 08:22 #31

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
what kind of mileage do you get on 98 jeep? I grooved one about 2 yrs ago went from 14.4 to 23.5 mpg.

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 20 Feb 2013 09:11 #32

• energyrikard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I'm unfortunately stuck. I have tried the diode strings backwards and forwards in 6 different ways. No plasma. :(
I have read Aaron's book and I must be doing something wrong. CDI box is sparking as it should.

Here's the string combinations I've tried:
* string between coil HV <-> under spark plug boot
* string between coil positive <-> under spark plug boot
* string between coil negative <-> under spark plug boot

<-> symbolizes I've tried the string on both directions

Here's a diagram of the current ignition setup. Nothing goes to car ECU until I've got this sorted.

After all 4 combinations, I tested all diodes to see if they were broken / short circuited, but they are all healthy.

Here's a link showing my setup:
All sizes | plasma_diagram | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here's a link to the MSD CDI box manual:

Any ideas what I can try next?

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 20 Feb 2013 10:44 #33

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Bummer.

Well Dr. Oppenheimer, Gen. Groves and co. needed most of WW2 time frame and Lots of resources before Trinity...

Rikard, check your e-mail.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 05 Apr 2013 10:39 #34

• energyrikard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

Today is a big day. I got plasma on my benchtop system.

Here's the video without the diode string attached:

Here's the video with the diode string attached:

Hint: don't use candy wire when you connect the string. Use heavy gauge wire or proper HV wire. Sorry for taking so long.

What's done on the car so far are:
* pacemaker.com.au headers and exhaust from Mercury
* extremespark.com original series resistor less plugs (highly recommended to everyone)
* magnetizer.com heavy duty

From those 3 simple upgrades I've come down from 2.0+ liters petrol per 10kilometers
to:
1.44-1.7 liters petrol per 10kilometers

All basics are fixed. Coolant and heater hoses replaced. New radiator from OEX with an extra row in place.

The car is now ready to be grooved.

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 05 Apr 2013 10:46 #35

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ya done real good here, kiddo!

PERFECT illustration of the increase in power delivery to the plugs. And you have your own video channel!

Whoever looks at these videos should subscribe to your channel!

Are you going to post the plans or did I miss that?

Ron

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ105R 1998 4.5l 6cyl 05 Apr 2013 11:02 #36

• energyrikard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron, Thanks!!!
:)
The stuff is all explained on this thread. If anyone is in doubt or simply need more information on plasma jet ignition, I recommend the book: "ignition secrets" by Aaron Murakami. That book is 10/10. Fun reading!

The reason I couldn't get it to work was due to too thin wires! Also, I expected to see plasma with the size of a golf ball. On my bench top system which is shown on the plasma youtube vids, I use the msd 5520, and the non-compatible 8201 coil from msd. Still, it's clear there's a significant amplification. What's more is, it's done without extra load! Nifty. :)

First, I was triggering by hand, but later on I ordered a spark tester from msd. It is simpler to see the difference when the sparks are being fired continuously. However, it's not needed. In the book there is a cool schematic given how to simply make your own spark tester.

Someone said to wear ear protection. I concur, it's deafening here in the shed!

I can't wait to have the groove working together with plasma ;)
So far so good...