Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.

TOPIC: Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 06 Nov 2015 11:18 #109

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Greg..

I will wait patiently.

Thank you for your trouble.

Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 06 Nov 2015 12:51 #110

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
No trouble. a bit of frustration from probable user error is all ;)
the google drive link is in your email.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 06 Nov 2015 18:24 #111

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Karl, and Martin, I agree that we have opened up many cans and worms are crawling everywhere. Martin, one step at a time is best, methodically. And, Yes you just might be in potentially easy to mod Vehicle Valhalla. Keep looking round more cars as available, see if there is any patterns evident re: any cars w/ O2 sensors. In some of my searching round about the Colt, I saw signs that more intensive emissions standards are due in SA, might already have begun. But this leaves everything of earlier vintage... ;)

You now know of a bunch of possible mods and techniques, a spilled box of Legos. Now to put some of 'em together.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 06 Nov 2015 19:00 #112

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I can't agree more Tracy.
Everything I tried on/applied to my truck was researched, methodical and deliberate. And I took it from 11-12 MPG to double that pre-groove, and it was still climbing before the old engine (400k km) gave up the ghost.
There's a while before you get your bits, Martin. Keep researching, get on top of any general maintenance, THEN roll up your sleeves and go for it one thing at a time.
How, for instance, will you deal with lower exhaust temps post-groove in an HCS add-on? Would it be an easy mod to use warm engine coolant to supplement the exhaust heat in that case?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 06 Nov 2015 20:56 #113

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It sounds like a easy and cheap conversion that Might take like 2 hours to do or so.

Martin,

Depends on what set up you do.
If you have the materials and know what to do with all the room you have, two hours is the most it would take.
There are so many things that will have your efforts fail with the HCS as I have found out.
Pay attention to the details in the posts. Having one thing missing like too low heat, not enough copper, not enough gas vapors, too much gas vapors, too much air flow, liquid gas in your copper pipes, etc. will make your efforts fail.
Still have not found out what my problem is with HCS.
Sounds like I have an issue with not knowing what the problems are with things I do with my truck. :dry:
Maybe its me? :(

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 06 Nov 2015 22:43 #114

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Tracy.

Makes a lot of sense what you say. Keep investigating and do only the mods that makes sense and costs as little as possible. No sense in spending too much money on the learning curve......

My viewpoint is spend as little as possible to get as big as possible gains. The KISS principle also applies.

Greg.

If I understand the HCS mod correctly I only need a minimum temp which I believe is around 400 Degree Fahrenheit to make the mod work. I don't think the groove lowers the temp to that point.

Yes I plan on rolling up my sleeves big time when I am sure what I want to do.

O And I got the file downloaded thank you very much... Take that Mercedes Benz!!!!!!!I took a quick glance but will keep you informed when I find my vehicle....

Karl.

Be patient and don't be to hard on yourself. We all go through a learning curve. I am still at the point where I have to start applying what I have learned. But I agree attention to details is what makes these things a success or not. And I do believe in the KISS Principle. I will always go for the more simple approach until I understand the subject completely before I introduce more complex items to the mix.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 08 Nov 2015 00:07 #115

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hi Everyone.

I know there is an abbreviation list somewhere. I just cant find it. So I started my own.

Please feel free to add as much as you can.......and correct me where I am wrong Please!!!!

AFR Air Fuel Ratio
Map Manifold Absolute Pressure
VRef Voltage Reference
TPS Throttle Position Sensor
MAF Mass Air Flo
ECT Engine Coolant Temp
IAT Intake Air Temp
Tach ? Measururing instrument for indicating speed of rotation
O2 Oxygen Sensor
CTS ?
POT Potentiometer
EFIE Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer
OEM ? Original Equipment Manufacturer
DIS Distributorless Ignition System
COP Coil On Plug
PCM Power Control Module
PWM Pulse Width Modulator
HCS Hydro Carbon Cracking System

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 08 Nov 2015 00:21 #116

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
In his videos on youtube Mike Holler states one fact that we all are not paying enough attention too.
That is a lot of Fuel saving mods work great but it is the Vehicles computer system that negates the gains that every one expects and never gets.

That led me to believe that more important than anything for me is to learn how to TUNE my vehicle to get the gains after whatever modification I make.

What Mike also say is that it is more often than not a combination of modifications that sees the greatest gains in fuel economy. Like HHO and HCS will yield a much greater gain than HHO alone.

My feeling is The groove combined with spark enhancement like Aaron Murikami's plasma spark ignition and maybe the fuel vaporization system I saw (I think Dan supplies it) might work great. Especially if we combine all this with a Tuning system that we all understand like Mike Hollers system.

Does anyone know if Mike has an online tutorial regarding Tuning ?

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 08 Nov 2015 01:44 #117

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Ystervark, CTS- Coolant Temperature Sensor can be one for the dash gauge, another for computer input, can be 2 separate CTS's or sometimes one CTS gives input to dash gauge and Computer.

computer is ECM, or with OBDII it's PCM Engine Control Module, or Powertrain Control Module

When OBDII started in 1996, many new acronyms came along, sometimes replacing pre-OBDII ones, so some things have different acronyms. More you read, easier it gets.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 08 Nov 2015 01:52 #118

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Martin, may be useful to see close up pics of the various sensors and gadgets on the Colt. Basically get shots of anything on the engine, esp. if it has wires going to it. This could help sorting the Colt's system out. Probably best to post them in the new thread I started about the Colt. MY thinking now, is this system measures incoming AIR, temps, RPM's, TPS (throttle position sensor, on a scantool it reads as % percentage). I especially want to know if this system also uses a MAP sensor, Manifold Absolute Pressure, along with the MAF-- Mass Air FLow Sensor. And can you get a shot if the Ignition, I cant tell if it has a distributor, or coil pack?

We are kind of operating on the assumption that the PCM may fight gains, but we won't know 'till it's Grooved.

Thanks.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more info

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 13 Nov 2015 19:14 #119

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
"Bridge, Fire Control, Check Fire! say again Check Fire, Maneuvering- maintain Present Course!"

and the Big Guns stay on Centerline.

Martin, check your Email.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 19 Nov 2015 10:51 #120

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Martin, have your bits arrived? I'm hoping the recent silence/my recent absence means you're busy turning your Colt into a Stallion...of environmentally friendly fuel efficiency.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile