Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.

TOPIC: Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 03 Nov 2015 19:02 #73

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
I must say fellas, I'm quite impressed with the inputs from all involved since Martin came our way!

That being said, It will be interesting to do the calculations as Dr. Dude points to. And we have covered a lot of ground already re: the computer, and our suppositions as to how it may respond.

But I'd like to offer that I think it's likely the Colt may do quite well with Martin's overall awareness and attention to details. Meaning, Martin can Groove it when he's ready, then just measure the results on an Orange Test. When I Groove a vehicle, I can tell right away during the computer relearn drive sequence if I have a winner. I can feel if there's a boost in off idle torque, and I can smell the exhaust pipe at the end of the re-learn drive. The cleaner the exhaust smells, and the more the increase in torque, the better the Groove did. Now, we know from Ron's teachings, that there are those vehicles where the ECU can be stubborn and gradually give increases sometimes needing several tanks of gas. Others respond right away, still others see a great increase at first, then the gains will slip as the ECU says "Not so Fast, Buddy!" and strives to revert to its old ways.

We must remember this is as much Process as single event. That's why the Pre-Groove Preps are so important. Not only do they give their own improvements, they also bring the Driver's awareness up. In my opinion and experience, it's 1: the Vehicle and all we do to it. 2: the Conditions it's driven in, and 3: the Driver and his/her technique. As was mentioned earlier here, we strive to give gains in Power (emissions and economy also). Efficiency is the best way to say it. Trick is, when possible, to get and have More Power, then Not USE IT!

Paradoxical at first glance. But I believe it's those Pre Groove Preps that work so well combined w/ the Famous Groove, since they help allow more efficient operation in more conditions. In the end, it's the Driver who matters most. Tire pressure "trick" is a great example of a free "mod" one can employ, though common sense must rule here. Watch tires for excess wear in center of tread, be mindful of possible changes in handling, esp. in wet weather.

This is one of the most interesting threads ever, lively, and we're glad Ystervark came to the Party! ;)

Oh, and Martin, would you mind giving us a few pics of the truck overall, I'm curious! Thanks!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 03 Nov 2015 20:19 #74

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
TracyG.

I really do appreciate the response I get from you guys. That is why I will always respond to a post as good and quickly as possible.

I agree about the orange test. Lets groove the old girl and see what she will give back. I must admit. Since I started on the Forum my awareness of my driving habits got much better.

She looks like this.

She is not the most beautiful but she is paid for and mine.....

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 03 Nov 2015 20:27 #75

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
And the speedometer stands at roughly 212000 km.

I just wish I could find an owners manual. I will not stop trying. I am sure somewhere there is someone that will be able to help me.....

We have a bookstore not too far away that sells only car books. even they don't have any book refering to my vehicle's make and model......

But I will keep looking.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 08:48 #76

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652

Ystervark wrote: Apparently Mercedes Benz South Africa - the distributors of Mitsubishi at the time of sale - has a policy that no manuals may be handed out to the public.

This is troublesome and outdated thinking, being protectionist like that. They obviously have little faith in their brand and quality of service.
<deep breath, counting to 10....>

And here is my response to them:

Neener neener neener! :evil:

I'll let you know when I've downloaded it so I can email it to you. My torrent manager says it will take a week at the speed it's being shared to me. I hope it improves.

EDIT/UPDATE: I've got it, Martin; a generous and fast seeder came online, turning a 7 day download into more like 15 minutes. So, If Tracy will be so kind as to act like a relay, I give him permission to share my email with you privately so I can send you a link to where it resides on my server. It's a RAR archive file of 2 ZIP folders, so your computer should be able to open them to get at the PDFs inside.

Take THAT Mercedes-Benz ZA!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Last edit: by GregK. Reason: neener neener neener

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 10:53 #77

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Greg,

Didnt see your response to them from the link you provided.

Martin,

I have a guy here who had one of his employees fill up his work truck tires.
I think the max was around 50-60lbs but his employee didnt watch the pressure max and just filled them up to whatever he wanted which came to around 100 lbs....wow!
He rode in the truck and noticed how rough the ride was and checked the tires to see the over pressure by about 40 lbs. So the point was that over inflating by 10 lbs doesnt seem to be a imminent danger if you have high pressure tires like his.
Search out the six videos about Mike Holler on this site I posted over a year ago and you will get a good education on some issues with vehicles and what works.

Tracy,

I noticed as of this post now, you have 1111 "Posts" 112 "Thank Yous" and 22 "Karma".
Putting them in order is the number 111111222.
Plus adding all the 1's added together equal the same number as all the 2's added together.
Just a silly observation that has no bearing on anything. :P
Now you are going to respond and ruin all that. :angry:
Ok, be like that. :dry:

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 11:57 #78

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Greg.

You just made my week. And I am having a shitty week.... So believe me when I say Thank You !!!!!
Thank You!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Again!!!!!!!!!!!.

I do think that is going to be very very helpful. Take that Mercedes Benz...... I know some people who knows how to get what we need without your help...........

Tracey do you have like admin access to my profile to get my email or is there a way that you can get my email address? Maybe through Collette. Come to think of it She has not yet responded to my payment that I made in Saturday. I will email her now and find out what is going on.

Karl.

Thank you for the info. I will visit his site tonight and see what it is all about.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 12:08 #79

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I got lucky, Martin. And you're most welcome - sharing is what this place is all about.
I poked around in that file; it seems to me you'll have to install the entire library on your hard drive to use their front end to browse to what you need, unless you can decipher the database naming to get to what you need.
Also, I'll look at your profile to see if your email addy is in there so I can send you the link. It's now resting on my Chicago-based webserver for you to download.
Hope your week gets better - I'm wrapping up for the week so I can start my birthday weekend tomorrow by going flying while the weather is still nice. (It's not often we get sunny, clear 20 degree C weather this time of year here).
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 12:12 #80

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I will display my email for an hour from now in order for you to get it.

Thanks again Greg

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 12:15 #81

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Greg.

Happy Birthday and enjoy the flying. Post some pictures when you get back......
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 12:30 #82

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Thank you!
"Remember, Remember the 5th of November"
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 12:32 #83

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
That's tomorrow Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cograts!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 04 Nov 2015 12:48 #84

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Did You get my email?