Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.

TOPIC: Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 12:52 #97

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Its a data Plug.

Do you know what it is for?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 12:56 #98

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I Wil check tomorrow to see if it is wired....

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 13:44 #99

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
OK. Slightly weirded-out here. This thing LOOKS like, a combo of, an OBDII plug on the top, and another data port plug below behind it. Maybe Mitsu did this so both older and newer types of scan tool attachment plugs can be used. Again, I'm not a full time Certified Mechanic, I've never seen a combination of this kind, assuming that lower grouping of female terminals has wires coming out the back. This truck is obviously built to different emissions control standards than USA ones. One of the reasons for creation of OBDII was to standardize data port plugs. Before OBDII circa 1996, it was the Wild West for data plugs, in US, GM, Ford, and Chrysler each had their own kinds, and Imports were all different. You needed a whole array of different plugs/adaptors and even different scanners to get data from diff. cars. Does this truck have ABS anti lock brakes, ABS? IF what we see here is indeed 2 different data plug ports, I'm scratchin' my melon wondering what the manufacturer's plan is. We have an OBDII plug, but without a USA-spec emissions control system, all in an '06 vehicle.

You will have to search in the info Greg hooked you up with, Martin, to see if this is spelled out. Right now, I don't know if we are looking at a gopher hole, or an underground tunnel system from SA leading all the way to the Sutro Tunnel underneath Virginia City Nevada, beneath the Comstock era goldmines of the Civil War period..... :huh: :ohmy: :side: Sorry Don't Worry, I just had to slip in the Analogy. OR a Biplane with Warp Drive...

And Karl, buddy, can ya find and re-post the vid's or your posts re: Mike Hollar?

One issue we have is much juicy info gets buried into various threads, some very long. Example is the Groovy Vehicles topic folder, many new folks wind up posting in there, and stuff is hard to find. I try when I find good info from other sources to put it into the Service Bulletins, or Tools of the Trade, someplace like that, to aid searches. As inventive curious G-Men, some of us dig up other related things in our quest, myself included. I do recommend looking in Groovy Vehicles for info, but it's time consuming.

One last thought for ya, Martin. By becoming a Gadgetman, you have run across one of the best places around for info to use re: vehicle efficiency. This is a bit haphazardly-run site, but a gold mine still. Point being, dig around in Groovy Vehicles folder, esp. Greg, Heysoundude's posts, on Pre-Groove vehicle prep. Greg got a really nice boost on his truck, and far as I remember, it never got the Groove. So, even if the Groove itself doesn't work so well in YOUR Colt, you will still discover all the tricks we've got. With using these tricks, you can still get gains in virtually anything that runs on gas, plus there are all the Small Engines.... A modern Warrior has many Weapons and Knowledge to win his Battles, right?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 15:22 #100

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Yes indeed, the Mazda never got the Groove - but fuel pump (for pressure&atomization)...well, I detailed it as I went and it improved before it seized and died. Everything I tried from recommendations here just worked in my case: MPG Remedy, increased tire pressures and spark plug gaps, O2 sensor replacements, RVS to the powertrain, PCV re-route, using the lowest resistance Spark Plug wires I could find...and I even found a vehicle-specific bunch of websites/forums (everyone should do this - there are more people out there looking to tune their engines than you might think; most for power, but as we preach around here, just because you can get an engine to make it more efficientlt doesn't mean you have to always use it) that suggested bypassing the intake manifold's water jacket which helped as well. Basically with some simple easy - and I hate to use this word- hacks, you can take your engine up a bunch in efficiency before applying the groove.

Martin's connectors - just because the 2nd one is there and may have wires going to it doesn't necessarily mean the computer is connected to it or listening, right? Or it might be a proprietary Mitsu thing...hopefully the manuals will detail that. Did you snag them yet, Martin?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 21:28 #101

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Martin,

This is the third time I was trying to send you the videos.
The first two times was a link from Youtube and the site kept
restricting me saying I was sending spam.
The last time I found the link from this site and pasted the link for
you and went to post it and the system still rejected the gadgetman link from
this site. Not a good system it seems here.
Well the only way you can get it seems to be by me telling you where to go.
Go to Youtube and type in Mike Holler MPG Basics in the Youtube search bar
and you will see a whole bunch of videos with him sitting at a desk
with a tie on with a black background.
Those are the videos to watch for the information.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 21:51 #102

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Tracy.

I agree. I watched 2 hours of Mike Holler you tube videos last night and learned a lot. I do go through the forum a lot and I read as much as I can.

Greg.

I tried to access the mitsu file but I cant get past the username and password area. I don't know it the password is case sensitive or what. I also see that some of the letters in the link changes when I insert it in Google Chrome at the top. Maybe the link has some unwanted lettering in it.

Karl.

Thank you very much. I will search those specific files when time permits. I did watch 2 of the three videos named Mike Holler on the science of fuel chemistry Part 1 and part 3. I cant find part 2 anywhere on you tube. It is some amazing info I got from there. I also found another site where they talk about the same technology but way more simplified than what Mike is doing... I will find those and post links if you guys are interested. They talk about some kind of cracking of the fuel molecules.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 21:55 #103

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Here is the link to the simplified fuel cracking system. Similar to What Mike Holler talks about in those other 2 systems

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 23:05 #104

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Oh boy, Ystervark is finding lots of juicy stuff, with Karl's help, thanks Karl! :)

We have kicked a lot of cans since Martin came along. Karl and I have tried the HCS type mod, with little/no success, it's tweaky to do. On the Colt, however, it may do better. In Malaysia where this started, we think their gas is less adulterated w/ crap, and that crap in the gas evidently has a big effect on HCS reducing it's effectiveness. When I said earlier, "Hey Karl, look at that exhaust manifold, do you see what I see?" I was thinking of HCS on the Colt's exh. manifold, lots of room for lots of copper tubing coils, great access. Martin, you've entered a real Rubber Room of Modders here! You will need to be fitted with a Foil Hat soon! :silly:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 23:14 #105

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Ha Ha Tracy.

I am looking at all the possibilities. I looked at a Hyundai V6 yesterday and did not see any kind of sensor on the exhaust as well. Seems like I might be sitting on a goldmine regarding modifiable vehicles. But we will see.

I think the crack mod is easy to do and I have plumbing experience. Maybe I should start there and see what Happens.....

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 05 Nov 2015 23:24 #106

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Karl, look at that exhaust manifold, do you see what I see?" I was thinking of HCS on the Colt's exh. manifold, lots of room for lots of copper tubing coils, great access.

You know Tracy, that is exactly what was going through my head when I saw the manifold pic.
I was thinking how much room he has there around the manifold to make a whole bunch of wraps
and the access to the manifold to place a canister with gas.
I didnt want to mention anything about this yet since Martin has his hands full.
Let him get the other stuff done first and one thing at a time. Too many coals in the fire and one can go crazy and get lost. Get success with one project before moving on to the next.
Just that my projects never were successful. The HCS set up has been modified over a dozen times at least and still no success. Just spurts from 25mpg to 40mpg but just for a few seconds.
VERY FRUSTRATING!!! :angry:
I bet I put in more time with the HCS and the many configurations than onyone on that site.
The reason I didnt quit yet is because I did get results but only for brief moments. Like the car was going downhill and I had to let off the gas when it worked.
As far as the gas with crap in it, they have junk in their gas over there too it seems.
Edostar just started to distill his gas to get the impurities out of it.
That is something I will do soon even if its just for the chainsaw and lawnmower to protect the engine and carb from junk buildup.
Martin doesnt know how fortunate he is to have the truck he has.
No 02's and plenty of room to fool around under the hood.
Maybe even different gas too. We are in a prison here in the US for sure.
Most dont even know it.

Last edit: by Karl411.

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 06 Nov 2015 08:40 #107

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
dangit...since I can't reach my goto person on this, I'll do it the old fashioned way. Watch your email for a new improved link.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Hi Everyone!!!!! Love the forum-Want to start grooving!!!!!! 06 Nov 2015 11:11 #108

• Martin Swart
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hi Karl.

I am starting to realize that I might have something really special to work with.
Lets just wait and do the groove first.

I am thinking of doing a very simple conversion Of the HCS system. Something like the Koreans did and see if I get good results with that. It sounds like a easy and cheap conversion that Might take like 2 hours to do or so.

What do you guys think.....