Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.

TOPIC: MPG Remedy

MPG Remedy 05 Jan 2014 22:19 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
I thought I'd contribute a bit to the new ongoing topic of unusual gas additives to help fuel efficiency. Been following along w/ the Acetone thread. Thanks to all who have contributed there.
First I went to wally-mart looking for plain aspirin, 325 mg. Got a bottle, brought home then saw it was coated aspirin, didnt dissolve in rubbing alchohol, so crushed one up.

The coated aspirin didn't seem to dissolve well, found that HEET yellow bottle gas drier did melt the coating quickly. Went to dollar store got bottle 150 ea. 325 mg plain un-coated aspirin for a buck. Went to liquor store got smallest flask bottle of Everclear 151 proof Grain alcohol 200 ML $6.99 +tax.

Found tiny plastic dropper for Hydrogen Peroxide, had little stainless 2.5 oz rameken dishes, grabbed a 1/2" drive socket extension, proceeded w/ experiment. Crushed 6 ea 325 mg plain aspirin in Rameken dish w/ socket extension added half OZ Everclear half oz HEET stirred added to tank at station topped tank off. My tank is little over 13 gal to fill, the formula in the Patent called for: 6 325 mg aspirin in 1 oz alcohol--per 12 or so gallons gasoline.

Forgot Hydro. Perox. will use next time. To early to say yet but does run Smooth w/ Groove and now the Remedy too! :silly: Hey, If Dan says this works, I'm sure gonna give it a shot!

In pic all ingredients visible, plus small hard plastic bottle to shake it up in before dumping in car filler neck (kinda like a Bartenders' Mixer bottle thing?)

PS- folks don't ever drink Everclear, or you Will Need that Aspirin, I proved that many years ago the hard way... :sick: :blink: :blush: like being on receiving end of an Airstrike...

We'll see how this does, stay tuned...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: spelinn

MPG Remedy 06 Jan 2014 09:26 #2

• namtegdag Ky.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Tracy I found a pdf on the web that is interesting and will explain some of what is hapening , breaking surface tension with surfactants. I would not go out and get soap and put it in my gas tank, soap will have more things than the surfactant added to it... but commercial surfactants are available, such as the surfactants sold at farm supply stores for farmers to use in mixing pesticides and herbicides,,, i once saw a demonstration of a product called Basic H ....it is a surfactant, The person had a styrophome cup with water in it , they places a few drops of Basic H in the water and 30 to 45 minutes later the water was oozing through the walls of the styrophome , i would say the surface tension of the water was broke big time......I am thinking that the surfactants that are sold at farm supply stores are organic and biodegradable.....it would be sold at places that have bulk spray materials and bulk fertilizer .

Maybe it would be worth while to do some testing with a small engine with a few ounces of treated gas at a time and see if the surfactants could work, and how much to use.

On youtube i saw a few months ago a man had some special water that he added it to gasoline then added a surfactant placed it on some sort of a magnetic mixer which mixed the ingredients together and it stayed suspended...mixed. then he took it to his van and had a tank you could see through , he poured the mixture in the tank and started the van, the guy said it burned as good as gasoline and was even more combustable. This mixture had the appearance of milk once it was mixed up ,... .....I will add the pdf...see attachment......Greg P

(I am guessing the water may have been distilled water that had been microwaved just a guess)

The video was by: microwaveguru ...on youtube ....if you want to see it place a search.

if you watch closely you can see him add the surfactant after it has started mixing looks like maybe a table spoon

This message has an attachment file.

Last edit: by namtegdag Ky.. Reason: add info

MPG Remedy 30 Jan 2014 12:07 #3

• ColletteThomas
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Guys, I just went to Walgreens to pick up some aspirin and they are having a buy one get one free on the 325 mg 500 count bottles, plus $1 off if you are a member. So I picked up 4 bottles, 2000 tabs for $8. I'm always game for a good deal! Just wanted to pass it on.....
Collette

MPG Remedy 31 Jan 2014 20:27 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
This is the text of an email from our freind and Gadgetman Groove customer Joe in New Mexico. Joe has a '99 Ford F-350 w/ the 6.8L Triton v-10, that I Grooved for him in 2012. I told Joe of the Aspirin Remedy, and he's tried it out. Here's what he told me:

I HAVE AN OLDER 1995 Dodge Ram Van with the BIG engine in it. I think it is the 440 not sure. Ok I am using the aspirin & hydrogen peroxide mixture. Now my fuel gauge does not work in it. So I ran it total out of gas. I then added the correct mixture and filled it up. Before I got 328 miles to a tank of gas. I just ran it out again and added 69 more miles to the end result. So 328 + 69= 397 to a 35 Gallon tank of gas. So it does work. Now here is a little aspirin trick. It will only dissolve in WATER with no problem. So I get the correct amount of aspirin put a little water in it. just enough to dissolve it. Then I put it on a plate and come back later and all the water is gone. Now it is a fine powder. So I do my measurements accordingly and add to my vehicles. That’s my story and I am sticking to it. I haven’t had time to figure out what MY F350 v10 did but know I gained at least ¼ of a tank. I will have to figure it out and let you know. I made 2 trips back to back. ! pulling a 32’ Jayco and the other just the PU. I will be in touch. Joe

NOTE: Joe's Dodge van has the 5.9 Magunum V-8, and it has not been Grooved yet. So we have another field report on the Aspirin MPG Remedy!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 31 Jan 2014 22:06 #5

• namtegdag Ky.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That would be 21% increase in Joes mileage 328+21%=396.88 so 21% increase. What is the amounts he is useing?.............Greg P

Joe is doing real good if he is pulling much of a load. with 35 gallons of gas his mileage figures 11.34 mpg.......Back in the 1980s i used to get 4 mpg with a 454 4 barrel carb. pulling 26ft.gooseneck and hauling about 7 ton...total for truck trailer and load was about 26,000 but that was just my loaded miles. Truck and trailer without load was about 10 mpg......Greg P

Last edit: by namtegdag Ky.. Reason: add info

MPG Remedy 01 Feb 2014 00:35 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
I'll hit him up for more details, he said he was going by the formula, but I'll ask.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 01 Feb 2014 10:46 #7

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy, as I said before I have used this for years as Ive been into fuel chemistry since the late 70s Believe me I wouldnt post something that I havent done myself and had great results.
Its all in the fuel molecule breakdown. Old school refining. Ive been teaching at schools and do seminars when I have time,these things do work. Sometimes you will run into things that counteract with the chemistry.

Happy grooving and saving fuel Dan Merrick

MPG Remedy 01 Feb 2014 23:03 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
This is a couple pics of result of crushing 2 of the dollar store non enteric coated aspirin and mixing w/ some water, then letting dry. There's a dark red something that formed around the edge of the mix when dried. Rest is fine white powder. Anybody got ideas about the red versus white colors? I'd guess something has separated, but I'm no chemist!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: forgot something

MPG Remedy 02 Feb 2014 08:54 #9

• namtegdag Ky.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi TracyG........The plate looks like maybe stoneware and the pigment on the artwork on the plate looks redish ....maybe the aspirin had a reaction with the red pigment in the plate or maybe something in the water that you used. Maybe try distilled water and all white glass plate or clear glass plate, I don,t know all guesses............Greg P

MPG Remedy 02 Feb 2014 20:29 #10

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
the red is what ever the coated part is -- not just pain aspirin
geraldc

MPG Remedy 02 Feb 2014 21:40 #11

• Brent
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The use of aspirin sounds interesting. In trying to dissolve some aspirin, I tried a couple in a small container, to see how it acted when mixed in gasoline. As mentioned, it did not dissolve to any degree in gasoline. I then dissolved some aspirin in just enough water to dissolve the aspirin. I then dried it and poured in a little gasoline into the container, covering the aspirin powder. The aspirin powder just sat on the bottom of the container, not going into solution at all. I was assuming it would go completely into solution. It didn't appear to want to do tht. Has anyone experienced this or what am I missing? Thanks

MPG Remedy 03 Feb 2014 05:58 #12

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Hello Bent
you may want to do the same method but use alcohol (190 proof) instead of gasoline. and yes some sediment is still in jar after 16 days in 3 oz of alcohol each jar. I just used a tea filler on my 16 aspirin (8 whole 8 crushed 2 jars) put in my truck 32 gal tank on fillup added Hydrogen Peroxide small amount also
geraldc

update :P :P 2-11-14 Atlanta to Savannah ga 16 aspirin 2.7 mpg gain on fullup of 28 gallons in 32 gallon tank. Used 3 kitchen paper towels for filters -- did very good job -- no particles left in jar
geraldc

:P :P :P update 2-24-14 well lost the 2.7 mpg above
:P :P :P :P 28 gallon fillup added 16 aspirin with first 6 ozs EverClear 190 poof (happy truck),
no mpg report yet still got 3/4 tank with 230 miles
geraldc

B) B) B) update 3-7-14 lost mpg -.4
just made trip Savannah to Atlanta same amount EverClear and aspirin with
:P :P :P-- +2.4 --- :P :P :P
and had emission test done cat converter failed
test does not give any numbers for different gases :unsure: :unsure:

with my mpg going up and down so much and cat converter test failure going to replace O2 sensors when get home --- no groove yet -- want to get this mpg calmed down before do groove
geraldc

:P :P :P update 4-7-14 mpg doing better
on my 1997 chev 1500 350 vortec engine has all 4 O2 sensors replaced now, so with new double platinum plugs at .74 gap,, new plug wire,, used 16 aspirin with EverCler 190 proof grain alcohol running it thr 2 tea filters before putting in tank,, coming home from Atlanta 16.4 mpg 1.6 mpg gain ,, this is before groove but will groove it soon , raining will stop someday.. so when I started 12 mpg was the limit could not get any more :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

Last edit: by GeraldC. Reason: added info