Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.

TOPIC: MPG Remedy

MPG Remedy 05 Jul 2014 01:06 #73

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
OK here's a question, for whoever might answer it- (Dan?)

Someone mentioned using White Willow Bark as an aspirin substitute, from what I have found salycilyc acid is the active ingredient, isn't that the same or nearly the same active ingredient in aspirin? And I don't yet have info on equivalent dosages--e.g. how many mg. tablet of willow bark is equivalent to 325 mg. plain aspirin...Or if the willow bark has less filers/binders...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MPG Remedy 07 Jul 2014 20:15 #74

• Nate
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 9
It might be easier to buy powdered aspirin (single ingredient) and use a scale to measure out the same weight that your using now in tablets.

powder_mg = pill_count * pill_weight_in_mg

For example: six 325mg tablets = 1950mg = 1.95grams

You could find/make some scoops that are the exact sizes you want so that you don't need to use a scale every time.

MPG Remedy 23 Jul 2014 02:40 #75

• Isaiah
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Tracy,

I found the ingredients now just need the ratios of each.

Isaiah

MPG Remedy 23 Jul 2014 03:54 #76

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
on my 1997 chey 350 vortec truck with 32 gal tank using 1/4 aspirin per gallon (8 aspirin) with 3 oz EverClear and 1/2 oz or less hydrogen peroxide filter thr 4 layers white kitchen paper towels does the job
geraldc

MPG Remedy 23 Jul 2014 13:23 #77

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Isaiah, for my Subie, I use 6 aspirin to treat 12-13 gal. of gas. Aspirin crushed, put in mason jar, then 3 oz of Everclear, and 1 oz Hydrogen Peroxide added. Shake up, let settle re-shake perodically for 2-3 days. I add 4 OZ of Lucas upper cyl. lubricant fuel treat to treat 13 gal gas, then put folded piece paper towel in funnel to catch undissolved residue of MPG R. then fill tank slow at first to rinse all down filler neck.

My key to how much aspirin is half as many aspirin as gal. of gas total. 6 aspirin for 12 gal. gas.

I have tried adding 2 1/2 oz HEET yellow bottle Methanol gas dryer to the mix, and used Denatured alcohol from hardware store along w/ the Everclear. But best as I can tell it seems the Everclear (high proof Ethanol) is the best alcohol type. Only way I know of to get high proof Ethanol is Everclear (or Moonshine if you could). The gubmint regulates Ethanol, and wants the Taxes from drinking alcohol.(look up the Whiskey Rebellion!) Ethanol not subject to Tax must be poisoned (denatured) to make unfit to drink, often Methanol is added as denaturant.

The aspirin must be un-coated.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 23 Jul 2014 14:07 #78

• Nate
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 9

Isaiah wrote: Hi Tracy,

I found the ingredients now just need the ratios of each.

Isaiah

I posted two PDF's on page 3 that you might find helpful

MPG Remedy 23 Jul 2014 17:06 #79

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Nate,

Was going to look for the post that mentioned the formula but you beat me to it.
We have seen the remedy enough times reading the thread but a newbie would have to search though the thread to find the post that gave the details. Been there, done that.
Karl

MPG Remedy 08 Oct 2014 09:43 #80

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I can get 99% isopropyl alcohol. Does that work in place of Everlear/Alcool in this recipe?

My guess is the white stuff that doesn't dissolve and needs filtering is the corn starch aspirin seems to have in it.

And if the Lucas treatment is meant as a valve cleaner, why not ATF?

...quite the soup. Dan?

Also: Karl411, I'm interested to speak with you about your groove, as I have a similar vehicle.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 08 Oct 2014 21:30 #81

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
I've been told that Isopropyl alcohol will work. I'd say the higher % of alcohol the better. The Patent specified Ethanol ("grain alcohol"). The Patent also says that only a small amount of alcohol is needed as a carrier fluid that will mix w/ gas. I've been using 4-5 Oz of alcohol each fill in the Subie, and others here have tried tiny amounts. Could be that the whole idea is to just get the salicylic acid into the gas along w/ the small amount of hydrogen peroxide. I've been adding the Lucas upper cylinder lubricant treatment each time, as a separate tonic for the little engine's health. Not specifically as a valve cleaner. Ron of course taught us the ATF valve clean trick. Another G-Man who hasn't yet posted here has been using Marvel Mystery Oil instead of Lucas, and has had great results.
A friend of mine has been treating her gas aggressively using the Everclear for the alcohol, crushed aspirin hydrogen peroxide and HEET yellow bottle gas dryer. Her car has had near-Miracle results as far as power driveability and idle quality go. After the electronic speedometer gets fixed then we can go do a MPG test too.
It's amusing to me that our discussions of the Remedy are resembling the Ladie's Club coffee circle comparisons of cake recipes! :lol:

May the Experiment continue... :evil:

(sound of footsteps on the long stone stairway leading to the lab in the cellar...)
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 08 Oct 2014 22:16 #82

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
An explanation of the chemical composition of gasoline and what a surfactant does for the reaction might be somewhat helpful. I say somewhat because every pump seems to have a different formulation, and we're tweaking for our brand in our region for our vehicle. Individually we can be empirical, but in a forum such as this, generalities work best.
I'm due a fill up tomorrow for a 130 mile round trip on the highway. And I've mixed up the aspirin, isopropyl and peroxide. Maybe I'll even stop and add a splash of ATF. (I love the cooking comparison - my mother has almost gone crazy trying to recreate some of her granny's recipes, which are all "a pinch of this, Handful of that...you'll know when it's right" variety...generalities, just like here)
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 09 Oct 2014 00:18 #83

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Heysoundude,

Guess you have been reading the posts on my truck.
Nothing seems to work.
Tried the cold vapor system, MPG remedy, HCS and the groove with no real noticeable difference in MPG or
HP.
These systems and formulas have had good to great success for most people but when it comes to my truck, the chip that the powers that be have installed seems to be the stopping force from me having success here.
It would be interesting if you grooved another vehicle like mine with good success.
Ron said he knew someone with the same engine as mine who was getting 54mpg.
Would like to have chatted with that guy so see what he did different

Last edit: by Karl411.

MPG Remedy 09 Oct 2014 00:41 #84

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I have a Mazda b3000, karl411.
Did you try the electronics? I think the sensors play a pretty key role in what the computer does for the engine. The mapster seems to be the tweak on the input side, and the efie sends info back to the computer after combustion. Balance those 2 out with a combination of what you've already done, and I'll bet we're both in business. Wow, 54 mpg...that would be stellar. I'd be happy with 30-40.
Where are you located??
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile