Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.

TOPIC: MPG Remedy

MPG Remedy 04 Dec 2014 06:25 #121

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
---- I started out using rubbing alcohol, did not like how it looked, then uncle reminded me of grandpa's advice so went to EverClear 190 proof works great. I will always use H2O2 in my gas tank when using aspirin. H2O2 is not for MPG increase it is for algae control. When I was working for RR went inside a fuel tank which had not been treated to stop algae and it was a mess.
--- I have done many ECU resets and found the longer time for cable being off battery with key turned on the better. So pull cable before dark and put back on in the morning.
--- My 1997 chev truck is still having electrical problems. Had MPG up to 15.6 for 2 tanks then dropped to 13.6 on last tank. Temperature has been only change, down to 32* 2 nights. I have started hurting grounds to replace or take off, clear put back on with a coating to stop rust.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MPG Remedy 01 Jan 2015 16:11 #122

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hey Guys,
Here is an easier way for all of us to mix the MPG formula.
I buy aspirin by the pound from Amazon and it comes in crystal form that eliminates crushing them and it dissolves easier. So here are the advantages:

1. Less than half the cost of bottled aspirin.
2. Does not have to be crushed.
3. Dissolves completely eliminating the annoying process of filtering.

Me thinks this is a no brainer. B)
Cant provide the link since the site says I'm posting spam. The powers that be are watching me. :ohmy:

Karl

Last edit: by Karl411.

MPG Remedy 01 Jan 2015 19:25 #123

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
MY latest innovation is-I found this 16 OZ bottle of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide at a health food store. Expensive-$22.99! :ohmy:

but I figure it will really go to town on the aspirin tablets! Don't know if it will make the MPGR more effective. There's warnings on the label, I'll wear disposable gloves when using and avoid splashes. And- the store had it in a refrigerator, so I keep mine in one too. I like the idea of aspirin powder, esp. if it is pure.

Ok here's a link to pure aspirin powder for animal use on amazon.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: add link

MPG Remedy 02 Jan 2015 12:37 #124

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
That's the stuff, Tracy! but wow...$23? in my parts same stuff is only $15.

I have to figure that amazon thing out...
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 02 Jan 2015 19:36 #125

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
yeah, it was an impulse buy, not result of careful shopping. I'd not seen it elsewhere, and asked in the store when I went for vitamins.I saw it, I bought it!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 02 Jan 2015 20:23 #126

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok Tracy,

You posted the link I tried posting but failed since the sight said I couldnt post spam.
Everyone is against me.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The H202 I got from Amazon also for $12 for an 8 oz bottle and the Lucas injector cleaner for $25 a gallon where Autozone charges over $11 a quart here. Besides, there is no tax on Amazon and if you are lucky, most things can be shipped free if you order $35 or more.
Karl

MPG Remedy 02 Jan 2015 20:55 #127

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
good tip Karl!

Nah, nobody is against ya Karl, no more so than anyone else.
you have a re-badged Ford product, it has issues that need fixed, that's all...I learned long ago,
to seek input from those most experienced w/ whatever it may be. I and others here feel for ya, but I think it would be good for a Ford tech or someone w/ lots of exp. w/ the Mazda to check it out.

Kinda like Dentistry...Hey, I brush and waterpik my own teeth...but I don't wanna do my own fillings, even though I have a Dremel and JB Weld!! :S :blink: :silly:

Being a Gadgetman means learning- you and I and others here have done lots of that. Hang in there, buddy, this stubborn issue sucks- but there's worse stuff in life. I nut up pretty bad w/ car problems, so I understand, believe me. Even if you wind up gittin' shed of this truck, you can apply all you've learned in this journey on the next ride. Plus I still bet-if this idle issue gets fixed, the Mazda can still shine. ;)

either way you know a lot more than when you started, see?
OK I'll stop pourin' honey on ya, I've gone waay off the MPGR topic!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 02 Jan 2015 21:12 #128

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nah, nobody is against ya Karl, no more so than anyone else.

The powers that be are watching me and I forgot to keep my foil hat on yesterday.
I'm doomed. :ohmy:
Found some non ethanol gas in SC for 30 cents above regular. Seems like more than a few there are carrying it. Maybe testing the waters to see if there is a demand. Dont know how they can get thier hands on it since the major oil companies are in charge of that and they are not for the masses getting better gas mileage.
Would like to see this become the norm in every state so spicing the gas with acetone, zylene or aspirin can work better than the corn dung we are forced to use now.
Karl

MPG Remedy 03 Jan 2015 00:13 #129

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Yes but who's watching the Watchers...? :huh:

I know I know! Just get some of that gold foil like they had all over the Apollo Lunar Landers...hey those guys all got back OK, right?

Yes I think non-ethanol gas is still available, depends...Oh, you mean Yeast Whiz... :sick:
BTW check yer email, Karl! You will see some of the Local Lore of my town...

Tracy
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 22 Jan 2015 12:22 #130

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
I just ordered a 1 lb. jar of pure animal aspirin powder from amazon, no more crushing tablets for me! cost $12.65 w/ shipping 1 lb. ought to last for Ages!

BTW- a week ago I was looking at Subie's Weber carb, the top airhorn gasket had seeped a bit of gas around it. I figure it could have been the reduced surface tension of the MPGR treated gas that contributed to this, It had not done this before...Could be a subtle sign of confirmation of the effect of MPGR on gas...

PS- anyone figured out a measurement for aspirin powder, I'm too lazy to do the math!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 22 Jan 2015 13:09 #131

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
how many aspirins do you normally use?

there are 454g/lb or 454000 mg/lb... 325mg * # of aspirin = mg/dose

I'm guessing we're talking a teaspoon or two at a time, depending on tank size.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 22 Jan 2015 14:14 #132

• Nate
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 9

TracyG wrote: I just ordered a 1 lb. jar of pure animal aspirin powder from amazon, no more crushing tablets for me! cost $12.65 w/ shipping 1 lb. ought to last for Ages!

BTW- a week ago I was looking at Subie's Weber carb, the top airhorn gasket had seeped a bit of gas around it. I figure it could have been the reduced surface tension of the MPGR treated gas that contributed to this, It had not done this before...Could be a subtle sign of confirmation of the effect of MPGR on gas...

PS- anyone figured out a measurement for aspirin powder, I'm too lazy to do the math!

Tracy G

I posted an attachment on page 3 of this thread that will help.

If memory serves, I use about a half of a level teaspoon for 15 about gallons of fuel. I measured this using a digital scale

For those of you using the powder. A scale like this works

Set a piece of paper on the scale and press the TARE button.

Add aspirin to the scale until you reach the desired weight.

Lift the paper and dump the aspirin into the container.

Use about 154mg of aspirin per gallon of fuel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK