Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.

TOPIC: MPG Remedy

MPG Remedy 12 Mar 2015 13:59 #157

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
He may not have contacted people through email for the reasons you stated but I see something else.
If he was so "reclusive" why would he put a sign in front of his house saying "100 MPG"?
That tells me he wants people to see the sign and inquire and if I was in the neighborhood, I certainly would.
Maybe email is too impersonal and anyone can hide behind a keyboard as many "men in black" do along with other similar deviates of society like pedophiles. :evil:
Putting a bold sign in front of your house is a sign begging people to stop and see/ask what Bruce knows that they dont.
Just logical thinking speaking here.
Karl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MPG Remedy 12 Mar 2015 15:18 #158

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
OK, yeah Karl, that makes sense too.

well back to speaking about MPGR itself...I just made up another batch of MPGR, what I did was put 1/4 tsp of anaprin animal aspirin crystals in the jar. Then I added 1/4 Oz of H2O2 to it, then 2.5 OZ Everclear. The crystals weren't dissolving well, both H2O2 and Everclear were cold from the refrigerator. I simply closed the mason jar, and set into a bath of hot tap water in a container. The aspirin crystals quickly went into solution. I'll let it sit out of the hot water for awhile to see if the crystals re-form in the solution.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 12 Mar 2015 19:47 #159

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
OK- so I let the jar cool down a few hours, the aspirin crystals stayed in solution, there were a few tiny particles visible. Interesting thing this time was the solution turned a very light violet color, never saw that before either. There was so little visible particulates that I just added to the tank as was, without any filtering. The Subie is running strong now, it has (for it) very good torque at low throttle and road speeds, like 15-35 MPH. I can shift up early and run at 1500-2000rpm range in traffic. Cheers!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 13 Mar 2015 10:43 #160

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I happened to drive past Bruce's place yesterday, and he has a new Himac Industries (his company) sign up along the front of his house. the 100 MPG one is much smaller...unless you know, you'd never guess what happens at Himac HQ.
I might just make a visit during daylight hours this weekend. failing that, a phone call may be in order.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 13 Mar 2015 18:42 #161

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Our Man Greg, un-daunted by the elusive Inventor's reclusive ways, inched his way up the treacherous cliff face. The surf crashed on jagged rocks two hundred feet below, as the Polar gale force wind tore at his back. Greg's numbed bleeding fingers groped the near-vertical face of the towering cliff, searching-desperately searching for the next storm-lashed rock grip. The gale's force nine gusts tore away the surf's thunder far below, replacing it in Greg's ears with it's own maniacal scream, as it lanced his suffering form with freezing rain as though from a machine gun. The Inventor's island was a lonely isolated storm swept rock, two hundred miles northeast of Iceland. Rumor said the Germans had blasted out a hidden sub-pen cavern somewhere here during the War...
But Our Man failed to notice any of this inhuman punishment, for just two things filled his mind now...the next hand hold...and The Inventor...

stay tuned....

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

MPG Remedy 13 Mar 2015 18:45 #162

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Tracy G Are you OK ?? gas here 2.15

update 3-13-15 made trip Savannah Ga to Stone Mountain Ga with 14.3 mpg -- filled up returned home with emission gas fillup today in Savannah Ga with 15 mpg have reduce aspirin to 6 and EniroMax Plus to 1/2 oz all same other wise. Highest is 16 mpg for my truck getting close again. Weather rainy so groove yet
geraldc

Last edit: by GeraldC. Reason: more info

MPG Remedy 13 Mar 2015 18:58 #163

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Doin' fine Gerald...but gas here is in the 3 dollar-plus range, If one wants to one can find Premium for almost 4 bucks here now...

I just hope Heysoundude makes it up that cliff face OK, and that the Inventor will let him in out of that Artcic gale...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 13 Mar 2015 19:22 #164

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Thanks for the belly laugh, Tracy.

You're not too far off the mark with "edge of the cliff": Bruce's place is about a mile as the crow flies from the brink of Niagara falls.

And gas in update western New York is 2.50-2.60/gallon. Not sure what's up in tax free Nevada, but that sounds a bit high to me.

Lol. I needed that, brother. Thanks.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 13 Mar 2015 20:57 #165

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Now that's interesting, Greg, I didn't know you and Bruce were in that place, so close to Tesla's hydro-power station at Niagra Falls.

If you have ever read or seen Alistair MacLean's book or the movie The Guns Of Navarone, that's the scene I was trying to paint, Keith Mallory and the others scaling the incredible cliffs of Navarone Island to go after the Guns...or the rugged island off Iceland in Sean David Morton's book Sands Of Time... then the movie w/ James Coburn in the 60's, Our Man Flint...

Glad I made ya laugh, brother, I hope Bruce is willing to give you some time...1 :cheer:

BTW, Nevada has no State Income Tax, and is a business tax haven...but we are an appendage here in northern Nevada of the northern California Bay Area refineries and distribution system, so we get dragged along in whatever direction they go re:price and supply. And then there are Washoe County gas taxes, along w/ state and Federal ones, so we are far from a tax haven re: gasoline. Gas is cheaper in Fernley, 33 miles east, since it's in another county.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 25 Mar 2018 09:37 #166

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
My 1997 chev pickup was getting 12 mpg added 8 uncoated aspirin dissolved in 1/2 oz hydrogen peroxide took about 1 min to dissolve then added 3 oz 190 proof EverClear alcohol, filtered mix with coffee filter into glass pint jar. Added this mixture to each fillup usually 25 ~~ gallons in 30 gallon tank All containers were glass canning jar. Spark plug gap was moved from .61 to .74, if I remember right, after 2 tanks of gas my chev got 16 mpg. And run great. But now its not on road, wrecked, but use it around my place.

Oh I just found out, after doing my income tax for 2017, we can now claim all " sales tax " without receives going back to 2015. IRS has web site calculator to be used by us if we do not have receives.
geraldc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Last edit: by GeraldC.

MPG Remedy 23 Jan 2020 23:47 #167

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
So it's been almost two years now, since any input on this thread re: MPG Remedy. My own familiarity on this subject is dimmed by time.

I thought to resurrect this subject as another possible idea to those seeking better mileage. MPG Remedy did have some success for most who tried it. This message thread is huge.

I'd advise anyone who wants to learn of it, to go back to the beginning of the thread. To recap; we were supplied with this idea by Dan Merrick, who was a Gadgetman in the earlier days. Dan is/was a fuel and refineries chemical expert, and brought great expertise to us, if usually in cryptic fashion.

It's a mix of un-coated aspirin, hydrogen peroxide, and alcohol. Dan told us he had used it for years with success. My own experience w/ it showed improved mileage- BUT I found out that I'd mixed it too strong, which damaged diaphragms in the Subie's Weber carburetor, so I stopped using it.

Without re-reading this big thread, I don't recall anyone w/ fuel injection mentioning any trouble.

so, again, if interested, go to the start of the MPG Remedy thread and read into it. that's where the important details are, if memory serves!:ohmy:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 24 Jan 2020 01:09 #168

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
To help everyone w/ this, here is the patent for what I named MPG Remedy:

file:///C:/Netfiles/US20070028508.pdf
(sorry-this didn't transfer properly, but the link to this patent is still good, it's in the first few thread pages!--Tracy G)

it's pretty simple- just 6 un-coated plain aspirin tablets crushed and mixed into a small amount of ethyl (or grain alcohol, like Everclear) Added to 12 gallons of gasoline. I don't remember how the hydrogen Peroxide came into it.

I bought a jar of Anaprin pure Veterinary aspirin crystals and tried it as substitute for the cheap drugstore aspirins. Still have it, and when I try this in my Subaru Outback, I'll use that.

Anyhow, if interested, read at start of this thread, within a few pages the basic ideas are presented, along w/ input from Dan Merrick.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway.