Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.

TOPIC: MPG Remedy

MPG Remedy 22 Jan 2015 14:49 #133

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
And this, friends, is how the Interweb is supposed to work.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MPG Remedy 22 Jan 2015 18:12 #134

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Waay back at start of this thread, it was specified, I have been using half as many 325 mg aspirin tabs as gallons of gas. There is flexibility to this of course.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 22 Jan 2015 21:44 #135

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I just ordered a 1 lb. jar of pure animal aspirin powder from amazon, no more crushing tablets for me! cost $12.65 w/ shipping 1 lb. ought to last for Ages!

Hey Tracy,
Just to let you know, the aspirin powder is shown to come in a container but mine came in a
bag(I sound like Charlie Brown when he said "I got a rock" :( ). I would search out some good container to transfer it into.
Also what I do is I pre mix 3 or 4 batches and dump it into a container I keep on
my truck so when I fill, I have the container ready and on my truck at all times.
What I do is when you mix 4 batches with the Lucas and dump it into a jar, divide the total amount by 4(if you mix 4 batches at a time) and then mark the jar with tape into quarters. That way you can just dump in 1/4 at a time by stopping a each 1/4 mark tape line. Or you can get a plastic squirt container( I used an old Slime squirt bottle with incriments on the side)that you can view the contents but make sure you are able to seal it. You dont want that leaking in your trunk. This eliminates the problem of having to mix a single batch right before you fill up and then hope you remember to bring it to the gas station. Mixing 4 batches at a time saves time and the tape lines on the jar lets you know how much you should empty in each time.

If memory serves, I use about a half of a level teaspoon for 15 about gallons of fuel. I measured this using a digital scale

Wow Nate.
I have been guessing on the amount and I was putting in almost a tablespoon per batch.
I always go over since I didnt want to cheat myself on the formula and lack the benefits.

And this, friends, is how the Interweb is supposed to work.

Yes, we can learn much from each other. You have been a big help also with the info you have posted on this forum Heysoundude
Karl

MPG Remedy 23 Jan 2015 09:22 #136

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Thanks Karl! (was Aaron able to help you at all, assuming you two spoke? what did it get down to?)
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 23 Jan 2015 18:02 #137

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
update 1-23-15
1997 chev 350 vortec with about 17k on it. With 8 aspirins uncoated 3 oz 190 proof Everclear and H2O2 (little dab) last tank 32 gallons from Stone Mountain (emission control gas)--- 16 mpg ---
-- new way to dissolve aspirin putting 8 aspirin in --- H2O2 first --- and dissolves very fast then add EverClear filter add to gas at fillup. So far 1/4 aspirin per gallon works for my truck.
--- still can not find out what is in emission gas that not in non - emission gas in Savannah Ga. at home regular gas. But what ever it is does make my mpg go up an average of 3 mpg gain with gas from Stone Mountain. Still looking
geraldc

--- just for info aspirin dissolved in H2O2 as I watched it -- did not have time to walk fast 50 ft and back

Last edit: by GeraldC.

MPG Remedy 28 Jan 2015 21:54 #138

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Just mixed up the first batch of MPGR using the Anaprin pure aspirin crystal powder and the 35% food grade H2O2. I keep the H2O2 in fridge as health food store did. I put 3 1/8 tsp measures of the aspirin crystals in a small cup and added the H2O2, 'bout a half OZ. and it just sat there, no reaction. no dissolving, nuttin'.
so I then crushed same amount of crystals in another cup, and put H2O2 bottle in a tall container w/ hot water, let warm up 15 min. Added to crushed asp., stirred, a bit more mixing observed. So I put both cups of asp./H2O2 in my small Mason mixing jar, added ~4 Oz of alcohol, sealed Mason jar, and put in the still warm water bath about 10 min, then swirled it up well. Once warmed up and well swirled, the crystals almost totally dissolved. Took more doing than expected. Maybe the aspirin crystals needed some heat to melt? It worked in the end.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 28 Jan 2015 22:33 #139

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Wow. That sounds like more work than mashing up tablets. And strange that such strong peroxide didn't dissolve the crystals as quickly as tablets. The amount sounds right though, but I do find by adding peroxide to aspirin, the liquid takes longer to filter.
I'm going to make a point of talking with my ChemEng father about the remedy this weekend. I hope he can give some insight into this that I'll be sure to bring back here.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 28 Jan 2015 23:27 #140

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy
That is too much trouble.
It depends on the liquid you use to dissolve the aspirin.
I use about 2-3oz acetone per aspirin mix(and I use almost a tablespoon) and swish around in the jar with the lid on and within 15 seconds the aspirin is dissolved. Then you can add the H20 and put the lid on and your ready. I add the Lucas at the pump from another measured container, then the aspirin/acetone or alcohol mix to wash down the Lucas and then pump gas.
The whole process of mixing the aspirin/acetone/H20 takes less than two minutes from getting the stuff out, mixing and putting away and this is a 3-4 batch mix.
Maybe with alcohol the aspirin may take longer to dissolve but it should not take long or be as labor intensive as it seems it is now the way I described above.
Karl

MPG Remedy 29 Jan 2015 13:42 #141

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
yeah, guys, I was a bit amazed to see the aspirin crystals and H2O2 just sit there doing nothing... I think it may have been the fact the H2O2 was cold from the fridge. I also keep my everclear in fridge. Cold slows down reactions. When I had everything in the Mason jar and had the jar sit in a hot water bath a few min., the aspirin finally went into solution, I swirled it up several times, and had just a few particles in it. Doesn't bother me, now I know my method. The health food store where I got the 35% H2O2 had it in a fridge, so I do the same. I keep the Everclear in fridge to retard evaporation from the plastic water bottle it's in- I split a liter bottle of it months ago w/ my friend who owns the 89 Nissan Maxima. I spoke w/ a Gadgetman who doesn't post here who was around when this idea first surfaced, he said he used 90% rubbing alcohol, which I buy at Wally-world and use as starting fluid for my outdoor stoves and ovens. So I think I'll try it soon. Crazy that here in Nevada, home of gambling, cat-houses, and past Nuclear testing- we can only get 150-proof Everclear!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 29 Jan 2015 13:50 #142

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
maybe you should consider making moonshine on one of your rocket stoves...hot moonshine into the aspirin crystals...just a thought.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

MPG Remedy 29 Jan 2015 14:31 #143

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Greg, That's funny to me- 'cause I first saw the term "rocket stove" in David Blume's landmark book Alcohol Can Be a Gas! ;) Then, a bit later, I "discovered" tin snips... now I'm addicted to making rocket stoves and ovens and cooking w/ them! I make credible white Ovens and rocket stoves, based on discarded 5, 10, 30 and 55 gallon cans and barrels. I've put time into researching and sourcing high quality materials esp. for the Ovens, I just finished rocket Oven #4...(restraining myself from ranting here about it...)
yes I could potentially make or buy a still, but it's WAAY cheaper to just buy alcohol. A license from the gubmint to legally make de-natured ethanol Is available, contrary to popular thought. Once you have invested enough,, it's all possible, I think it makes sense for those w/ access to lots of cheap or free feedstocks, ACBAG book gives enormous how-to details all about it. IF you get resourceful enough, it's do-able, or you can buy small manufactured stills and do small batches of ethanol using sugar and yeast, then you use zeolite to remove the last bit of water to get proofs up to 180-199 range. I was re-visiting the www.KnowledgePublications and their youtube's about converting a car to true multi-fuels using compressed hydrogen as a combustion catalyst. Enabling the use of potential fuels nobody else can use! Involved... Another group of interesting DEEP rabbit-holes.

But, see, all this is why I LOVE the whole Gadgetman and MPG Remedy thing. Allowing substantial gains without having to be a small-scale Industrialist... :lol:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

MPG Remedy 06 Feb 2015 17:25 #144

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
update 2-6-15 My 1997 350 vortec chev truck loves 8 aspirin dissolved in 1/2 oz H2O2 then 3 oz EverClear 190 proof, last tank 14.6 mpg, must be cold doing this down from 16 mpg.

H2O2 does good job of breaking surface tension of my 32 gallons of gas that is all it does
:blink: :blink: :blink: made a miss take here H2O2 not breaking surface tension H2O2 stops algae from growing after surface tension has been broken put this type of produvt in locomotive fuel tanks to stop algae from growing there. Been inside 4 fuel tanks 2 clean 2 with algae, algae was hanging on all parts like ice crystals from a sprinkler covering a tree.
geraldc

Last edit: by GeraldC. Reason: correction